hi.. i'm just curious if anybody can tell me anything like the model of my ibanez (it looks to be a strat copy). and maybe a ballpark value? i have no intension of selling it but i'd just like to know.. i finally got some pictures of it... sorry in advance about the image size for anybody with slow modems... i'm having a hard time resizing them for some reason.

if you can't make it out it says Made in Japan.. and the serial number is K821057

thanks in advance
By the design and look of it, It looks like it's either a home-made guitar with an Ibanez neck or an 80's Superstrat that Ibanez produeced. It's definately from the 80's. I really like the look of the wood on it man!
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
yeah i figured it's from the 80's, even before i found out how to identify the year by the serial number.

and it plays very nicely, just put a Steve Morse signature pickup in it... and the thing the attracted me to it in the first place, it was the first guitar with a whammy bar (and no locking nut) i had played that didn't put it out of tune easily.. i can abuse the bar forever and it stays in tune.
that probably an old ibanez. ibanez origanaly started out makeing copies of popular guitars like the strats and tele's, but now they make there own styles
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
what ever it is its pretty cool.
how much did you pay for it?
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Quote by Ranger01
what ever it is its pretty cool.
how much did you pay for it?

$450 canadian.. well i got it from the store i used to work, i actually just worked like somewhere between 60-80 hours to pay it off.

it seemed like a sweet deal for the price.. and the owner didn't have the cash to pay me. so i shot for the best affordable guitar in the store. i would have loved the Gibson Studio Les Paul, but i wasn't going to work of 1 200 bucks off haha.
Here you have an '82 variation on a Blazer. Custom, yep, looks so. The body is the Blazer shape, the bridge too, but no pickguard and BLs were not made in single humbucker variant.

Hope you're liking it! It's a pretty rare beast these days, an off-model Ibanez.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Here you have an '82 variation on a Blazer. Custom, yep, looks so. The body is the Blazer shape, the bridge too, but no pickguard and BLs were not made in single humbucker variant.

Hope you're liking it! It's a pretty rare beast these days, an off-model Ibanez.

thanks, I Love it... i'm curious how much it be worth.. i wouldn't sell, i just want the satisfaction of ripping off my old boss... the guy was a jerk.
Quote by Cobalt Blue
thanks, I Love it... i'm curious how much it be worth.. i wouldn't sell, i just want the satisfaction of ripping off my old boss... the guy was a jerk.

That's hard to say. The condition looks like it's close to perfect. I'd personally part with $500-600 to have something like that in my collection. See, Blazers were never expensive - it was the Ibanez tactic to get away from bankrupcy, they simplified the manufacturing to cut costs as much as possible (thus they're known for their natural finishes - just oil on wood). Despite that, what you have there might be an endorser model - or something unique a similar way.

By the way, does it have a pull-push switch?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
That's hard to say. The condition looks like it's close to perfect. I'd personally part with $500-600 to have something like that in my collection. See, Blazers were never expensive - it was the Ibanez tactic to get away from bankrupcy, they simplified the manufacturing to cut costs as much as possible (thus they're known for their natural finishes - just oil on wood). Despite that, what you have there might be an endorser model - or something unique a similar way.

By the way, does it have a pull-push switch?

nope no push pull.. ive never been able to get the knob off the volume pot though and it loosens up once in a while.. the only thing i could find to fit under it to tighten it was this tiny wrench that came with a mechano construction set thing i had as a child.

500-600 if thats right it's still not bad, it sounds good, feels good. i lucked out.