hi today i used a knife to write the word "infinite" on my guitar (its a strat copy i got for $60 so no big loss) i should of used a texter but i wanted to really make my guitar unique. Then my mum saw it and said i was disrespecting my guitar and said it was all emo and everything and she made me have to pay for the repair costs. So how much would it take to get it kinda repainted (its just the word infinite not a huge patch missing)
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by alliwant
Your mum called you emo...

LMAO

seriously that's freakin hilarious lol
okay.................so how much will it cost in Aussie dollars?
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
i dunno, but just tell her its ur guitar, and i have heard taking the paint off lets the wood breathe, and it will help it last longer, so you did a good thing, lol, so repainting would be a bad thing to do
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Afaik a repaint isn't particular cheap. Looking at at least 100$. You might as well buy a new guitar for 60$ that's properly the cheapest.
But now it?s your change to get a chrome finish or something like that. Get it repainted with skulls on it, your mom will be thrilled about that or get it in pink and then you can say that you are not emo ? she will think you are gay properly. But what hell.
That is possibly the most pathetic story I've ever heard.

Maybe you should invest the money in some testicles or a backbone rather than fixing your guitar.
just asking how much it'll cost....... i wasnt asking for pity christ
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
On forums like these, you're always better off giving as few details as possible. Just saying "my guitar was seriously scratched" would have sufficed. As far as cost, i'm not real familiar with Aussie currency, but Elithraldor is right, it will likely be more than the cost of the guitar. You could always get some band stickers to put over it, or something cheap along those lines.
Oh, Gravedigger,
When you dig my grave,
Could you make it shallow,
So i could feel the rain?
Yeah, guitar repairers are few and far between here, and charge a ****load of money. When I was a noob, they charged me $40 to rewire a 5 way switch. You took some paint off, why not sand the whole thing, reprime it and paint it again. It would be a good experience!
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by alliwant
Your mum called you emo...

Yeah that's REALLY sad!
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by Shredlet

how far did you scratch into the body. if its just past the clear coating then it would cost as much. but if you went further and you can see the wood then that might cost more. cant give you a price estimate just go to your local luthier and ask
yeah, well it'll cost more than the guitar to repaint.

so go to the hardware store and sand the area with a fine sandpaper.
respray with correct color after taping off other areas, finish with a coat of lacquer.

it wont look good but it's cheap. either that, or strip the guitar of all its hardware, sand the scratch, scuff the rest of the paint, layer coat after coat of new paint sand then lacquer about 8 clear coats.
but that will still cost more than the guitar is worth.

i guess u can buy a sticker for like a dollar.

if the scratches arent deep then try auto paint touch up and scratchX car polish.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Shredlet

And you're not getting pity, you're being ridiculed.
heheh emo..
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
u bumped a september thread to spam?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011