Hi, I was wondering if someone knows good books, that would be for electric guitar? It would be very nice if any expierenced guitarist would make a good list of books, that i should read step by step. (From the easiest to the hardest) From basics of rhythm guitar to solo guitar and its features (even high level). I got basics of rhythm guitar but i think that i should check them. I could write my abillities of playing the guitar and you could say which of the books you'll mention would be too easy to me.I got good speed and accuracy on all basic, barre and most of power chords.(i easily play some easy solos) Ill try to write some of the songs, so you will see my level. So, I can clearly play:
1. System of a down - Chop Suey
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication (with solo)
3. Judas Priest - Breaking The Law
4. Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen
5. AC/DC - Highway to Hell (didnt learned to play solo, cuz i didnt like this song)
6. The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army (with solo)
7. Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams (with solo)
8. Blink 182 - All The Small Things (too easy :P)
9. Offspring - The Kids Aren't Allright
10. Simple Plan - Welcome to my life
11. P.O.D. - Alive
12. GreenDay - Good Riddance/Time Of Your Life (Arpeggie)
13. The Crannberries - Zombie
14. Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah
15. Staind - Outside (both normal and electric version)
16. Rammstein - Du Hast

Oh my god, what a playlist Why did i wrote that? :P Whatever. If it wont hope for answering me, at least someone will try to play those songs. All songs should be interesting to play. Back to my question.

I found some book names in the internet:
Rock Discipline,
Heavy Metal Lead Guitar Vol 1, Vol 2,
Speed Mechanics For Lead Guitar
Wild Stringdom,
Thrash metal theory,
Metal rhythm guitar Vol 1, Vol 2.

Should i read them? And in what order?
Guitar Grimoire Scales and Modes, and the 3 book series .. is all you need
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
i have the troy steina metal lead guitar vol 1 + 2 , speed mechanics, thrash, and the rythym books.

if you want them for free PM me and i can upload them to a site or send them to you.
Quote by GizmoKaKa
My face resembles a buttocks.

Quote by guitar?
I used to hold down my dog and piss on it. I don't have a dog anymore.
Im currently downloading them e-Mule is a bit slow, but still working

Already downloaded:
1. Troy Stetina - Beginning Rock Rhythm Guitar (book) (nonsense, very easy, 40 pages about the rock basics, power chord basics and other noobish stuff)
2. Troy Stetina - Metal Rhythm Guitar vol. 1 (book)(the beggining of this book is a bit too easy for me, dont know about the rest)
3. Troy Stetina - Metal Rhythm Guitar vol. 2 (book) (easy enought, not boring, a little bit more intresting and useful, still not reading it, downloading more)
4. John Petrucci - Wild stringdom (book)(dunno if i downloaded a book, contains 64 pages and first page starts with: last month we looked at using sus2 and add9... wtf. Whats the last month? Where to start? Whats those chords?)
5. John Petrucci - Rock discipline (book)(many examples, i would like more theory, ill read it as one of the last books)

Still Dowloading:
1. Troy Stetina - Total rock guitar (book and cd) - 50/100mb
2. Troy Stetina - Heavy metal lead guitar vol 1 (book and cd) - 21/51mb
3. Troy Stetina - Heavy metal rhythm guitar vol 1 (it says audio) - 22/65mb
4. Troy Stetina - Heavy metal rhythm guitar vol 2 (it says audio) - 8/28mb
5. Troy Stetina - Heavy metal lead guitar vol 2 (book and cd) - 10/57mb
6. John Petrucci - Wild stringdom (book and cd) - 10/60mb
7. Troy Stetina - Speed Mechanics for lead guitar (book) - 2/20mb (hard to download it from here)
8. John Petrucci (Dream Theater) - Rock Discipline (DVD) - 18/558mb (not sure if i need it)
9. Troy Stetina - Speed and Trash Metal method (book) - 1/34mb (very hard to download, it would be nice if someone would upload)

Im a real downloader any comments of what i should cancel, delete and download?
Quote by ltdomas
Im currently downloading them e-Mule is a bit slow, but still working

Already downloaded:
1. Troy Stetina - Beginning Rock Rhythm Guitar (book) (nonsense, very easy, 40 pages about the rock basics, power chord basics and other noobish stuff)
2. Troy Stetina - Metal Rhythm Guitar vol. 1 (book)(the beggining of this book is a bit too easy for me, dont know about the rest)
3. Troy Stetina - Metal Rhythm Guitar vol. 2 (book) (easy enought, not boring, a little bit more intresting and useful, still not reading it, downloading more)
4. John Petrucci - Wild stringdom (book)(dunno if i downloaded a book, contains 64 pages and first page starts with: last month we looked at using sus2 and add9... wtf. Whats the last month? Where to start? Whats those chords?)
5. John Petrucci - Rock discipline (book)(many examples, i would like more theory, ill read it as one of the last books)

Still Dowloading:
1. Troy Stetina - Total rock guitar (book and cd) - 50/100mb
2. Troy Stetina - Heavy metal lead guitar vol 1 (book and cd) - 21/51mb
3. Troy Stetina - Heavy metal rhythm guitar vol 1 (it says audio) - 22/65mb
4. Troy Stetina - Heavy metal rhythm guitar vol 2 (it says audio) - 8/28mb
5. Troy Stetina - Heavy metal lead guitar vol 2 (book and cd) - 10/57mb
6. John Petrucci - Wild stringdom (book and cd) - 10/60mb
7. Troy Stetina - Speed Mechanics for lead guitar (book) - 2/20mb (hard to download it from here)
8. John Petrucci (Dream Theater) - Rock Discipline (DVD) - 18/558mb (not sure if i need it)
9. Troy Stetina - Speed and Trash Metal method (book) - 1/34mb (very hard to download, it would be nice if someone would upload)

Im a real downloader any comments of what i should cancel, delete and download?

how do u download books? I want to do that
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
I was looking at those Guitar Grimoire books and I?m considering buying them. I really don?t want to pay 20$ for a DVD that properly says less than the book. So I was wondering whether these books
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/compare?g=bv&base_pid=902870&base_pid=902873&base_pid=902872
are the same as the ones that comes with a DVD;
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/compare?g=bv&base_pid=948504&base_pid=948505&base_pid=948503
Sure looks like it but I just want to be on the safe side.
Ok, i got downloaded some books (i think those books are good and popular).

Is it a good order to read (or even watch the video too) them? If i need any other books, just tell me.

1. Troy Stetina - Beginning Rock Rhythm Guitar
2. Troy Stetina - Metal Rhythm Guitar vol. 1
3. Troy Stetina - Metal Rhythm Guitar vol. 2
4. John Petrucci - Wild stringdom
5. John Petrucci - Rock discipline
6. Troy Stetina - Total rock guitar
7. Troy Stetina - Speed and Trash Metal method
8. Troy Stetina - Metal Lead Guitar vol. 1
9. Troy Stetina - Metal Lead Guitar vol. 2
10. Troy Stetina - Speed Mechanics for lead guitar
11. Don Mock - Artful Arpeggios
12. Don Mock - Guitar Secrets Melodic Minor
13. Frank Gambale - Improvising Made Easier
stfu with bumping.

Get the Hal Leonard guitar series for your basic ****. Notes, rythmic patterns, time signatures, all that good stuff.

Or just go to ur local guitar store and stop asking us internet people...we dont really exist ya know....
Member of the SOAD Fan club.

sdrawkcab gnidaer pots

DeviantArt
Quote by BodaciousZac
"Noob can't even kill level 2 boars."
Originally Posted by clincher09
just might be testicular cancer, but I bet you'd give your left nut not to have cancer
guys he needs to learn theory... so get hal leonard pocket music theory (excellent for anyone)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158