If i play a note on any of my strings the note vibrates, the sound that you get when two strings are out of tune. Is this a sign telling me i need new strings?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Is this when you play one string through an amp?

Maybe you're playing with excessively high gain.

In case you're interested, you need new strings if:
-They become black, rough and rusty
-They lose their bright sound
-They break
Quote by sashki
Is this when you play one string through an amp?

Maybe you're playing with excessively high gain.

In case you're interested, you need new strings if:
-They become black, rough and rusty
-They lose their bright sound
-They break

lol I don't think you needed to point that one out xD
Quote by Lordoflax
If i play a note on any of my strings the note vibrates, the sound that you get when two strings are out of tune.

Huh? Unless you have perfect pitch I doubt you could tell that a single string was slightly out of tune, unless it's tuned to drop D or something. The vibrating noise you are talking about is made when you play the same note on 2 different strings and they are not in tune with each other. So I'm not sure what you are talking about there and would have to say no, that is not a sign that your strings are old.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
I change my gain and does the same thing. Yea it's like a ringing if you know what I mean, what you listen for when manually tuning your guitar

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

well idk about anyone else but i change my strings once a month. wether they need it or not.

but the normal signs are they get really dark and rusty and feel real rough.or they just start to sound like crap. they loose thier sustain.
meh i change mine once every 6 months or so good Elixirs otherwise if they show no sign of wear then i just leave them be
It also happens when i play open strings. It's kinda bugging me now

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Quote by rocknrollgod
well idk about anyone else but i change my strings once a month.

If you follow his example, you dont need to worry about them getting old. Once a month is a good idea if you play everyday. Some people would disagree with that though...
I change a string when it breaks. I'm trying to develop a habit of changing all of them when one breaks. A friend told me I should.

Before that, I had my electric guitar for 3 years and 4 of the strings were the ones it came with when I bought it.