How would two overdrive pedals sound like when used together at the same time? Would you get like a sound as if you were using a dist. pedal or would you just get a really loud AC/DC sort of sound?
didnt SRV use two Ibanez Tubescreamers at once? hm, maybe he just has two on stage for something else.
1 as overdrive and 1 as volume boost?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ssguitar
1 as overdrive and 1 as volume boost?

I think thats the story.
I don't really see the point, unless the OD pedal in question has a really nice breakup/overdriven sound- then you could use one as a boost and the other to provide the grit. I'd rather have an overdrive/boost pedal and a fuzz pedal to be honest, that'd give you far more options.
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
^ Or you could be like R_C_H_P and have 2 overdrive pedals and a fuzz pedal!
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
yeah dimebag used to talk about how he would chain like 4 ODs together to get the distortion he wanted, so if you want super high gain i guess it would work, youd have to do a lot of knob tweaking to get it to sound good though.

And also, tube screamewrs are relatively low gain, compared to most other ODs, whihc is why some people use more than one.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Sep 2, 2006,
Quote by Johnny83191
didnt SRV use two Ibanez Tubescreamers at once? hm, maybe he just has two on stage for something else.

One for clean like OD and one for dirty OD.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Quote by maxwell_house
How would two overdrive pedals sound like when used together at the same time? Would you get like a sound as if you were using a dist. pedal or would you just get a really loud AC/DC sort of sound?

the sound u get depends on the pedals and amp. but if u google something like "layering OD pedals," ull find its not that uncommon.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I try it out at my local store to see how my guitar (strat copy) and amp (valve jr.) handle stacked OD pedals, if it dosen't work out then oh well
if you have them cranked, you usually get tons of hiss and feedback. generally, people have different settings on each and switch between, or use one for volume boosts
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by maxwell_house
I try it out at my local store to see how my guitar (strat copy) and amp (valve jr.) handle stacked OD pedals, if it dosen't work out then oh well

sometimes when i switch from a tube screamer to ds1 running to a valve jr, it sounds pretty good if i leave them both on bit between the switch, provided the od was just a mild boost, but yeah, if u can try it out, that's ur best bet.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yes, it's true that SRV did use 2 tubescreamers at the same time.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
this is nothing new,people have been linking multiple pedals & multiple amps together for years

back when amps couldn't cut it on distortion metal bands would link two of the same to get heavier distortion
It doesn't sound bad at all, idiots.

Use one for a bit of gain, and then the other as a booster, sounds great, everything clears up and the sound is a lot smoother.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^

Yeah, otherwise a single OD in front of a Tube amp with OD channel would sound crap as well, according to the logic of some of the people down here...

Listen to RHCP
^Right on.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i use 2 ods and a distortion at the sametime it sounds great almost like a muff but better or somtimes i use 2 distortion and a od all sounds good you just have to set them up right
Quote by Aetius
^

Yeah, otherwise a single OD in front of a Tube amp with OD channel would sound crap as well, according to the logic of some of the people down here...

Listen to RHCP

Concur'd. R H C P knows what he's talking about.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
i use a hot head distortion pedal and a badmonkey tube overdrive pedal and i can get a **** load of different tones out of the combo rather than just one or the other.
what about distortion and overdrive together?
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

Couldn't you use one pedal for your normal distortion sound and then dial a little bit of grit into the other for a gain boost when you want to be that little bit more distorted?

So one pedal for regular distortion/OD and then two for when you want to be grittier...
Quote by conceptne
it would sound very, very bad.

tell that to billy gibbons

trick is to set different levels on each, so they dont just become ****in mudd
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

I wouldn't think using 2 o/d at once would sound that bad - my pedal board has 5 different gain stages on it - it only sounds bad if i use all 5 at once