i've been playing for about 9 months now and i'm starting to run out of ways to improve myself.
recently ive been learning some scales and the ones that i really know i can do at around 200bpm, but im not that concerned with speed, i just want to become a better player. i can do barre's with no problem and I learned a few songs.
but my big problem is that i dont have the diciplin to learn songs the whole way through, i have the Atention span of a crazed infant and after 10 minutes i just get sick of it.
does anyone have good tips to start and stick with one song? or just ways to improve after youve covered all the basics?

Ps i play pop/rock/bleus, so schredding must be fun but not for me
with most songs the intro is the same as the verse. so all yuou have to learn is the chorus and solo
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Quote by togo
...but my big problem is that i dont have the discipline to learn songs the whole way through, i have the Atention span of a crazed infant and after 10 minutes i just get sick of it.
How much television watching / video game playing do you do?
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
When learning a song, only learn a line of music or so a day. That way, you wont get bored with it. Also, instead of rushing and learning the whole song in one day, you will be able to spend the day's practise time on perfect the small section. At the end of it, every small piece will be perfect, and thus, the final product will be!
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by gpb0216
How much television watching / video game playing do you do?

not even that much, i dont get sick of playing guitar i just get sick of learning that song
Perhaps you need to explore a different genre of songs, or maybe even a different instrument.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
yes, open your mind to different styles of music, even genres without guitar...you'd be surprised how many ideas you can get from a jazz improviser or a classical pianist
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.