hey, i havn't had any lessons or anything, i've just been learning chords and playing songs for a few months. I also practicied a bit on playing tabs (like intros or very small solo pieces in the middle of the song). I prefer acoustic to electric and can do alot more with the acoustic. What should i do next? concentrate on learning more chords? on tabs or what? should i get lessons? any advice would be great.
h
You could go onto learn more chords and create some chord progressions.You could also look into how chords progressions are made.
If you wanted to become more of a lead player learn some scales (Major, Minor, Pentatonics and the blues) and play around with these and create riffs that sound like what you want to be playing.
Some advice...Kinda hoped it helped..
lessons privatly are a good idea, they really help when you can talk to someone about anything gutair related
(\__/)
(='.'=)
('.')_('.')
This is my bunny, Lola, copy and paste Lola into your sig to help her gain world domination! *Nicley, don't forget* (Isn't she cute??)
I hope that helped.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
('.')_('.')
This is my bunny, Lola, copy and paste Lola into your sig to help her gain world domination! *Nicley, don't forget* (Isn't she cute??)
could you put that in more simple terms abcdetc to someone who dosn't know the lingo, and would i still be able to play the old classics and cool solos if i took that route? and how would i go about taking that path and learning those things?
Learn music theory. There's enough of it on this site.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
yup, you can take harmony, chord composition, and counterpoint to the next level on acoustic with all the possibilities, especially if you fingerpick
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.