Kent Armstrong motherbucker

Seymour Duncan invader, full shred

Dimarzio X2N, D Sonic

for metal, hardcore, shred...etc.

help me out

in Jackson DK1 (1998, two single coil & humbucker)

through a Crate BV120HB

& I play mostly in drop D. if that matters
Last edited by alexisonfire478 at Sep 3, 2006,
Both would kick ass.

I have a X2N in the bridge of my Rhodes, pretty sick.
Jesus Satan

Quote by davedoom

Krank: "Here you go mate, shiitloads of money and free amps, all you have to do is have a pic taken with your thumbs up looking happy with this amp, we will do the rest"

Endorsee:"OK, thanks"
I would recomend the Full Shred for your style !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I haven't tried the Motherbucker, so I can't comment.

The Invader is way too muddy and bassy, the Full Shred wasn't punchy enough for me.

The Dimarzio X2N is your best bet, it's a great pickup.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
Usually the lesser known a pickup brand is, the better their pickups are, so I'd get the motherbucker.
Ask Dave_mc, he'll most likely say the same thing.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Teh motherbucker is a 4-polepieced humbucker, with tons of output !!! Which I predict will be kinda bad for cleans, but I haven't tried it yet, so who am I to say ??

I choosed the Full Shred, because, hey it's punchy enough fo me !!! I think its the Duncan Equivalent to the Dimarzio Tone Zone (which is a great pickup) And the name roxorz.......
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
well, i mean I wouldn't necessarily say the less well known a pickup is, the better it is, it could be less well-known because it sucks...

I haven't really tried many of those, to be honest- the invader is awful, though, I'd avoid it...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ive owned the motherbucker for a while and it is just amazing for what i do, which is all kinds of METAL, it has 21.6 k DC resistence, and I get the screws higher for a brighter sound after moving the whole pickup higher. Also the motherbucker has the best name and it is actually cheaper (around $65, someone told me, mine was stock in my Cort so Im happy!) than the others that you've mentioned, im glad you have actually took the motherbucker into consideration since most people never even heard of it.
ok I'm pretty much decided on the motherbucker but im still curious about the D Sonic. whats the deal with that? anyone have one?