i got a strat and the whammy bar doesn't lift up very well it'll do scoop and dive bombs fine but i have trouble going high with it any suggestion on how i can fix this?
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
like bending up. well check to see if your bridge plate is running parallel to the body. after that then only i can say is that strat bridges werent really made to have tremendous up pull
can you recommend a guitar bridge that will?
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Wilkinson VS100, Kahler, OFR, OFR Pro etc etc. and if your planning on changing the bridges man you better be loaded or else it may cost more than what you think
i'm not planning on changing bridges but i am making a guitar so it would be best to know.
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
hmmmmm making guitar aye. hope you got a full plan set out and have a order in which your doing stuff
yep i just wanted some help on my bridge
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
well look for 'floating' bridges but be careful as their are some that are great at all and wont get huge bends. but generally the main ones that give you big bends are OFR, OFR Pro, Schaller trems, Gotoh more higher end versions also cheaper as well, and then you have the EDGE Pro from ibanez which is godly like.
k thanks
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by srvman
take a spring out the back?

you do realise once you do that you gotta make sure the bridge is still parallel to the body which will just get you back to where you were in the first place.