Hi guys,

i want to buy a used BC Rich Gunslinger for 390 $!! Do you think that this price is too high?

the PUs are original bc rich high output PUs

1 humbucker at the bridge
1 dualrail humbucker in a SC size at the neck

so what do you think?

thx

PS i want to play downtuned with this bc rich so i suppose that it's a "metal" guitar
All depends, is this a USA one or a Japanese one?

Also most gunslingers i know have a floating trem so you would need to block it off to downtune, Gunslingers were also made in the 80's and the pickups probably wont have the modern downtuning metal sound, its more for 80s hair metal. You would probably have to change out the pickups, I had to with my BCR StIII's
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
ok i'll ask him but i think it'll be a usa

I'll write his answer later...

so if i want to play good metal i'll have to buy an other one?
like Metallica (St. Anger), COB, In Flames etc.
Well, no, you would have to change out the bridge pickup, BCR's from the 80s had good pickups for rock and some hair metal, but they werent very high gain. You would have to change them out to get anything like the bands listed.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
four hundred bucks-ish for metal? Get an ESP H or MH series. EC series is great too. THey're all great for metal and pretty much any other style. i've got three ESP and they're all awesome guitars. Unless you get into the 1000 series you won't kill your bank either.
Get the Gunslinger....get it or be damned....if it's an 80's one.....you are lucky as **** my friend.
You can downtune with a Floyd....
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
yet i don't know what to think about this guitar...
Is it a good one for playing metal - please answer just this question before i get totaly insane

@strife i've got a floyd rose guitar but i want to tune sometimes to drop D, C, A,
so i'll use the floyd guitar to play in a constant tuning and the none floyd for tuning everytime and everywhere
so what now?
Which one would be better the USA made BC or the Japan made BC?
Sorry but i'm not very experienced with buying a new guitar...
Quote by ohmerrymayhem
four hundred bucks-ish for metal? Get an ESP H or MH series. EC series is great too. THey're all great for metal and pretty much any other style. i've got three ESP and they're all awesome guitars. Unless you get into the 1000 series you won't kill your bank either.

well if you buy ESP then that will kill your bank. if your buying LTD then you guys had a price increase at the beginning of this year. but yeh LTD Deluxe are very neat metal guitars for sure
the price of my new guitar should be ~ 460

at the moment i'm very confused because some recommend me this guitar and some say that I would get a better guitar with the money...
dude trust me, get the B.C Rich, ESP's are too over*****d now a days...doesnt mean that they're not good, but I think that the Gunslinger will give you a very good edge...and it can make you stand out too, just change the PU if you dont like it.
I don't want to change the PUs if they aren't good enough to play metal with them - i don't have the money to change them...
i'm undecisive...

someone said that the guitar would be probably too old for the metal nowadays...
the pickups wont be optimal, but theyll be plenty good, a lot of death and black metal players used BC Richs in the late 80s when the genre was starting up, it doesnt get more metal than that. Old BC Richs are awesome guitars.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
oh good erm i'm pretty sure that the gunslinger is made in the usa because on the head there are the letters ASM (from the picture...)

And what do you think of the mockingbird for 440 $? is the gunslinger better than the mockingbird?
Ok that is not a gunslinger, a BC-Rich ASM is a entirely different guitar. Most of them were built in Korea, Do you know how old the guitar is?

ASMs second hand if they are from korea are usually around $200.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Last edited by Asomodai at Sep 2, 2006,
the guitar is about 15 years old - in the late 80s i think

so the mockingbird would be the better one???
the mockingbird looks so cool but i don't know if it is that great (how it looks^^)
Oh ok, 1991.....YOU ****ER YOU GOT A CLASS AXE ON YOUR HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT BEFORE THE DAMN THING RAISES IN VALUE!!!!....but seriously, do, class axes are pretty rare these days.
so what do you mean with class axe???
I don't care if this guitar is rare - i want a guitar which is made for playing metal with it...

so the question remains: which one is better (not rarer^^) the mockingbird, the normal one, or this gunslinger????

thx for your patience/help
The class axe was from 1989 to 1992, if the guitar's 15 years old it's a 91, A class axe is a rare guitar in which B.C Rich has no records of because they lost it in a flood in the early 90's, so those guitars are pretty valuable, I say the Gunslinger is a more valuable guitar since it was kinda hard to find em even back then. Plus if you get a new mockingbird, the **** B.C Rich quality will come haunting you, just a fair warning form a B.C Rich fan.
THats bull****, Class axes yes are slightly rare but they were absoloutly terrible guitars, Bernie rico was in ill health and got a different company to build them under the class axe name, ANd they were TERRIBLE guitars. Because they were so bad, Bernie took BC rich back after lots of faults were found on class axes.

Personally i would look for different guitars. Maybe another BCR, Maybe something else.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Terrible? dude I had a 91 Warlock I didnt want to get rid of but I did, one of the sweetest guitars I've ever played....sure the 80's ones were better, but the Class Axes were awesome IMO, i'd say let the kid go and try one somewhere.

EDIT: Change the pickups on that Kelly and you got a nice guitar rihgt there....or leave em on if you want.
The kellys are good solid pointy guitars, the Stock pickups are pretty damn good and very metal. Personally i think its a great choice.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
hmmm so i think i'll test the kelly in a shop and IMO the kelly is the better one for me...
it looks great and as you said the PUs are also very good... oh yeah and the price is even better than the USED BC Rich
sorry but i'm 16 and so it doesn't matter to me how rare the guitar is and this one seems to be very old and the jackson seems to be a very good metal guitar - maybe one i'll regret it but i hope this day will be far away
Eh dude, I'm 15, while I know i'm a bit younger, I've played Custom Shop B.C Rich's before, I've had a Class Axe, I'm a big B.C Rich fan...but it's just my opinion.
For the same money as the class axe you were going to buy. You can pick up a USA BCrich from the 80's .Both of my STIII's were $400 each.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Last edited by Asomodai at Sep 2, 2006,
I picked up my '91 4 years ago for 250 off a Garage sale...it was pretty nice but then I had to sell it to get my Ibanez...I'm trying to get it back though.
i really don't know what to do... the best would be to ask an shop assistent for an advice he'll know best
Well dude, anyone's best advice would be to go and try random guitars at the store, were just giving you our opinion.