im looking into a new guitar, but i really cant deicde. i really want a good twangy blues sound, because my current guitar, a Les Paul, gives me that bottomy, rich tone and i need something to match that. i dont want to get out of the $700 ish price range and some of my favorite blues tones are albert collins (who plays a tele) and srv (who plays a strat). so what should i go with?
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Epiphone dots?
Sheratons?

Ect.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
If you want Twang then a tele hands down. Between a Tele and a strat there both very versatile. A strat can also give you a brighter sound but wont get that famous twang. Between the two it really comes down to personal opinion but both are great choices.

For $700 you could get a Standard Tele or Strat and have money left over to put in new pickups or just save. If you care about buying used gear then you may find a good deal on an American made one. I found a great Sunburst strat for $600 at GC.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
i jsut got a nice strat for 500$. . . .got it for the same reasons your lookin for one.
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
if u want a twang sound then the Tele is ur friend.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]

Took a $200 Mexi and put about $150 of mods into it, and whala. I can go from Albert, to Wes Montgomery, to Brad Paisley, to Roy Buchanan in a heartbeat. (Dont steal mah switchplate idea ).

Thats what I suggest you do. Take a Mexi and mod it out all groove-like, you know? Or maybe find a used american standard, which can go from $400 to about $600. I've gotten all my American Standard Strats for under $550, so you just gotta find the best price and know what your doing.
That is one sweet guitar. Where did you get that pickguard? I want to get one in that color for my strat.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste