we were asked to open up a show for the band pensive, which is great because ive been familiar with pensive for nearly 2 years then out of the blue there bookign agent asks me to open up for them.

well, basicly, i want this show ot be huge.
were going to decide if were ready (were positive we are though) at practice sometime today,tommorow,or monday.

but we already played our first show as a DIY gig at my house and had maybe 20-30 people show up. it was alot of fun but watching the videos, i feel like we sucked. we didnt move much and i kept staring at the drummer to keep me from being nervous. thisi s our first time playing at this venue, and i want to come back. i want to blow the people away. what kind of stuff should we do? were going to start promoting this **** like crazy, like in the next cou-ple days well already be telling people / posting flyers. but i want to look great and proffesional so i can come back and play there with my band, and i just want to impress the crowd and make them think wow they were good..what kinda stuff should i do to keep me from getting nervous / how to rock the fvck outta the crowd?
To as many gigs before then as you can. The only way you'll get better is by performing live, even if it's just in front of some mates. There's only so much that practicing can do. Alternatively, video your practice and pretend it's a real gig: try to move around and loosen up, and practice talking to the crowd (even if there's no-one there )
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
yea, haha thats a smart idea, talk to the invisible crowd and stuff, and video tape it so i can watch it. ill do that

another thing ill do is ill maybe invite a few friends to watch us practice and act like there the audience and get some feedback from them
yeah, since youre kind of punk, make sure you jump around and stuff, i like to pick out a friend or even a complete stranger and if youre playing a seemingly hard or catchy part just stare into their eyes while moving its pretty tight, get people clapping too... idk, try to interact, thank the venue and the people for coming out too, and the sound guy. Just have fun.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
well one thing id love to do is get my friend to memorize the vocals and kind of hold the mic out at some part and let him sing it you know, show the crowd we have fans and what not, but im not sure how to do this since i have to play guitar and sing at the same time ,but i want somethign to that effect, im just scared if i was like alright everybody i need you guys to clap for me (in the middle of a song, like clap along) that nobody would lol
Dont stage a show trying to pass that you have fans, just play your god damn songs. i watched the videos, you guys have absolutly no stage presence, its not something you can fake. also try to not dress like your straight out of an aeropostale store.

I dont know how you managed to get this show, but from what i saw, you are not ready at all.
Quote by nine01n
nice absolutely not constructive criticism.

Read it again champ, I did help you. The truth hurts.
penis, youre a dick (no pun intended)

anywho, you guys have potentional, you just need to work your timing a tad more, make everything a little tighter, we are all the same, thats a good tune, get people clapping in the beginning. See if you can borrow some one else's amp for the show.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Quote by Yakult
To as many gigs before then as you can. The only way you'll get better is by performing live, even if it's just in front of some mates. There's only so much that practicing can do. Alternatively, video your practice and pretend it's a real gig: try to move around and loosen up, and practice talking to the crowd (even if there's no-one there )

I agree. The more you do something, the more comfortable you become with it.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Quote by INameMyPenis
also try to not dress like your straight out of an aeropostale store.

I dont know how you managed to get this show, but from what i saw, you are not ready at all.

what the fresh hell is aeropostale.
stage presence is key, doesnt matter if you make good music what gets the crowd is stage presence. have like one or two more parties and play at 'em and by then youll hopefully be ready.
This is what I need to practire, and could be the same with you.

When you practise, you're standing with your face to each other, right? I do. Try turn your back to the rest of the band, so that you just Hear them, that's what it ill be like live. Not all the time though.
Hope you get my point.

Just practise and practise, move around - naturally. Dont swing your guitar if that aint your style of playing.
Yahyah
the big thing for me is how well-rehearsed we are.

for example, you're up on stage, worrying about if the drummer is going to make the fill at the end of the bridge, or you're trying to remember the riff in a particular part, how are you going to be able to enjoy yourself and move around?

BUT, if you're well rehearsed, you can start working on your stage presence and working the crowd.
jolson's got it right. Rehearse to a point where you dont have to worry about you and your band ****ing up. That will make you less nervous and you can have fun. Trying to plan out gimmicks to put on an entertaining show only works when you ve got a fan base and youve done it before. These things usually dont go over well if you lack the honesty in them, and youll put yourself out as an ameteur band. To be honest, itll take a lot of time to work up your stage presence, its somethign that comes from experience rather than ideas and practicing in your bedroom. Get comfortable, know your ****, and most importantly, have fun! you can suck but if you have fun, people will catch on to that.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Yep. Practice is Good... do it lots.
Get mates from school/work/anywhere to turn up for your gig and support you. It'll make it easier. Try performing in front of them before hand.

Perform massive dynamic drum solos, blazing fast guitar solos, and bass ones too

But yeah. don't be scared, have fun.
Resident Melbournian of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join. Australians only.