Hey guys,

About to buy a new amp, need some suggestions of a range of amps to try. I play mainly punk, hardcore and metal, but good cleans are needed too if at all possible. To be played with a Schecter S-1 Elite. Absolutely NO flabbiness whatsoever, good clarity, good bass response and trebles, good mids but not too middy. Combo amp up to around £650-700 please.

Suggest away!

Thanks.
Have you looked at any Marshall amps? The AVTX amps have a tube pre-amp in them with a good distorion and a smooth clean.

Happy Hunting!

TOMS RIG
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Black
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Sunburst
Ibanez TS-9
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Line 6 Echo Park
MXR ZW-44
MXR Phase 90
Boss PS-5
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 1x12 cab
Marshall TSL122 or Vox AC30 (212) would be my picks depending on which sound you want. The Vox has legendary cleans, the Marshall would be the best for metal. They're both good for blues or medium-gain situations.
Mesa Lonestars cost like 3x his budget over there
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
ENGL Screamer just about fits in your budget. If you're willing to go used you could easily get it, and will probably be able to afford the ridiculously priced footswitch as well.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by SamDking
ENGL Screamer just about fits in your budget. If you're willing to go used you could easily get it, and will probably be able to afford the ridiculously priced footswitch as well.

Seconded, I have one and it is severely awesome.

Unfortunately my playing isn't
Quote by awesomegear16
Have you looked at any Marshall amps? The AVTX amps have a tube pre-amp in them with a good distorion and a smooth clean.

Happy Hunting!

those are the suck.

Get a ENGL or a jcm 900
engl screamer (you can get them for about £700 new if you shop around, though the footswitch will be extra), or laney tt50 combo.

or a cornford harlequin, if it's solely for home practice... though it might be a little smooth for metal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?