I know there have been a million floyd rose threads lately, but I still needed to know the answer for just one question. My friend has a floyd in which the locking nut is ABOVE the normal nut. Is this normal? Also, for this bridge it says that it is a "drop in". does that mean no routing? Thanks alot.
^ it still requires alot of routing- but it will fit into most guitars pre routed for FR's with not modifacation.

also- the lock above the nut is ok- i think fender has done that- as well as kramer or some one
its a direct swap in for other tremolos from those brands. (most likely the licenced versions) and a locking nut directly on top of the normal nut??? never see that before. ive seen ones where the locking nut is behind the normal nut
I think my friends was made for a les paul ages ago, by the custom shop or something like that.
Quote by candy_rock
I know there have been a million floyd rose threads lately, but I still needed to know the answer for just one question. My friend has a floyd in which the locking nut is ABOVE the normal nut. Is this normal? Also, for this bridge it says that it is a "drop in". does that mean no routing? Thanks alot.

On my Fender with a FR, the locking nut is exactly where the regular nut should go. What kind of guitar does he have?

As far as the drop-in FR from GF, they have a pretty good rep here so it'll probably fit if you have a Fender.