alright so i play guitar (duh) and my bday is coming up and my parents are gonna get me a guitar. the problem is, i have no idea what i want to get lol. they're willing to spend around 600-700 dollars on it i was thinkin maybe a Gibson SG Special Faded (they sell on guitar center's site of around that much) but i was wondering if there would perhaps be a better choice for me in that price range. I play a lot of punk rock/ pop punk mainly, w/ a bit of metal here and there.

i was also looking for an AMP suggestion (i know nothing about amps so any help would be appreciated) around 500-600 dollars for those types of music.

thx in advance
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
Gibson SG Special Faded sucks lol.

Any gibson below a Standard is overpriced crap. I don't know what to recommend for a guitar, though...

As for amps, there's the Marshall AVT series, which can be costly, but sound great. Also try the Peavey Valveking, or the Roland Cube if you wanna save cash and have more versatility.
well dude you've given us to vague of information. give us bands you like, the type of music you play yadda yadda
i love my gibson sg special faded i highly recommend it but it depends ont he music your playinig

and for the amps try the vox valvetronixs, the 100 watt combo is under 600 (before tax) on musiciansfriend.
Quote by Sloofus
well dude you've given us to vague of information. give us bands you like, the type of music you play yadda yadda

i play punk rock bands like sum 41, blink-182, green day, bowling for soup, boxcar racer, foo fighters, nirvana and other **** i also do play some metal though so i'd like something relatively versatile.

does that help?

Quote by NoneMoreBlack
700 Bucks for your birthday? I got a 200$ guitar for my birthday and I had to pay 100.

lol yea i live in a rich neighborhood....
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
hmm...not fan of gibsons at all...or fender for that matter....they seem to have declined badly in quality over the years....for 700 i would recommend any fo the following:

jackson: RR3 randy rhoades (the price could go from 700 to nearly 800 depending on the version...)

DKMG dinky which is one of my favorites of all time...but is more like 750-800

ESP: Mh-400 is pretty nice... maybe a good viper

Ibanez: god were to start..... rg 1570 is excellent.. i think theres a jo satriani one at 700$, but i dont know how good it really is...i think its bottomof that line, and the price is inflated by the name....im a pretty big fan of teh s series...maybe a a 520?

as for amps....dunno too much in that price range... i know avt was mentioned, but im not crazy about those...they just seem like cheap tubes...dont go with anything line 6...the tone is pretty good despite what people say, but teh quality is ****...
fender maybe? peavys good too...roland cubes are excellent...
i bought a line 6 spider 2 112 and it sounds pretty good...in many reviews it was known to fool experienced musicians into thinking it was a tube amp.
For those types of music i reccomend the Marshall Atv Series. But the gibson sg faded is crap, the craftsmanship put into that guitar is not near that of anything standard and above. For guitar i reccomend my guitar of choice the Fender Deluxe Fat Strat. Its really versatile and it has a humbucker for a little bit more bite, or i really like the Jackson Rhoads. There is one that is about 3-400 that is pretty nice. good luck dude.......
peavey valveking 212! i own the 112 version...amazing amp, itsgreat for the money...like common...600 for an all tube amp? no brainer in this situation