Page 1 of 11
i would have to say it's knowing that your favorite thing to do relies on your limbs. what i mean is that im always worried that im gonna break by fingers or something and then i cannot play.
what do you think is the worst about it?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
^^^ yep
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
you appericate the things the majority of people dont such as guitar solos which people often ignore. It always happens that if i chose a song that everyones listening to and it ends in a guitar solo, non guitarists will want to change it and it pisses me off.
Family always asking you to play; i just... can't! It's something about playing to parents, aunts and uncles and stuff... makes me shudder. Anyone else have this? Or actully, it's to any fairly large group of people.
Quote by slashnmash
you appericate the things the majority of people dont such as guitar solos which people often ignore. It always happens that if i chose a song that everyones listening to and it ends in a guitar solo, non guitarists will want to change it and it pisses me off.

amen
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by caz_guitar_dude
Family always asking you to play; i just... can't! It's something about playing to parents, aunts and uncles and stuff... makes me shudder. Anyone else have this? Or actully, it's to any fairly large group of people.

geez, i wish my parents were interested in my playing. i try playing for them sometimes and all i get is "i thought you said this song was short?"
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
people asking you to songs that you dont know
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
^ i dont like playing for them either. i think its cause i think they wont like the kind of music i like to play but then theyre amazed at simple stuff so o well. i still dont like it though. i have this thing that all of my family goes to like a bbq thing that lasts like a whole day but ive never gone to, but my mom and cousins tell me that one of my uncles or someone brings his guitar everytime and plays stuff so i might go this time and try it
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by walker-rose

i agree. i was just playing in my dorm room with the door open and these guys walk by "OMG can you play jack johnson????? dave matthews?!". eck
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
Umm...Price of guitars and epuipment! Recently I bought an Ibanez s470 second hand, though, (300 pounds) so that made me happy.
for me its my expensive habit for guitars....customizing the **** outta them....i change almost everything on the goddamn guitar
oh and pedals cost alot too, and amps
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by _Mayday_
People like you.

You're real mature, you know that? You must be a full 9 years old.
Quote by popapez
geez, i wish my parents were interested in my playing. i try playing for them sometimes and all i get is "i thought you said this song was short?"
Same here, cept I don't really even bother trying to play for them.

All they care about are singers

Quote by danzig-_-
for me its my expensive habit for guitars....customizing the **** outta them....i change almost everything on the goddamn guitar
Yeah, except for me, the expensiveness of guitar equipment means I can't get new guitars or even customize them at all
Last edited by yawn at Sep 2, 2006,
Usually its non guitarist who do this but when you're playing and they just ALWAYS HAVE TO TOUCH THE STRINGS!
Yeah, i get annoyed by family members asking me to play stuff, and then asking "...but do you know any songs?" when i play them the stairway to heaven solo, or part of Eruption.
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
Quote by popapez

You're lucky they don't constantly bug you though.
That's what I hate...
Quote by Archaon
You're real mature, you know that? You must be a full 9 years old.

No, I can't believe you'd say that.

I'm a full 10.
Probably the fact that everyone and their mother plays guitar, and until you break beyond them in skill, it is very discouarging and it seems like nothing special if you play guitar anymore.
?You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream.? - Frank Zappa 1940 - 1993
Being WITHOUT my guitar.
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
Last edited by vicd08 at Sep 2, 2006,
Quote by danzig-_-

You think that's expensive? Try buying the tools to build guitars like I do. I've spent over 5 grand alone just on tools for that.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
My dad's eternal mission to see if I quit my hobbies and read a news paper.
Ya being compared sucks too, until you get kids asking you for autographs and avaluating your guitar at twice it's real value.
Actually, for me personally, the worst part about being a guitarist is that everyone else has enough money to buy nice guitars and nice customizations, and I'm left at the disadvantage of having a $99 guitar ordered online from China, even after over two years of playing.
the constant pressure of knowing i cant take lessons anymore if im not in all the school bands

(jazz, pep, pit orchestra)

its soo annoying
Having people in my school who are better than me. Good thing they're not dicks and are cool.
People who touch the strings / tuning peg while you're playing and even when you're not
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Quote by caz_guitar_dude

Fairly large groups of people goad me on.
How there are many guitarists in my circles, but 90% of them are die-hard technique nerds. Not only is it impossible to have a conversation about guitar playing with them (because it always shifts to technique and how much I don't know (nor do I care)), it's impossible to talk without having the conversation shift that way, whether you play or not. It's annoying for me because when people find out I play, which i don't commonly discuss, I'm suddenly "one of those guitar guys". Right off the bat, I'm some social skill-less nerd who only wants to boast about music, when all I really want to do is chill. That's why I don't like to discuss guitar playing...these fuckers suck all the fun out of it and make it a chore. I don't give two shits about obscure modes and scales, sweeping, travis-picking, flamenco fingering, nine-thousand chords that only inbred 12-fingered West VA hicks can play without stretching a tendon, and a whole host of other things. I just want to be able to play well enough that I can still have fun, and I don't have to rub it in other people's faces to make my dick look bigger. I used to care about all that shit but learning it wasn't fun and certainly talking about it wasn't. Like heroin...it must be GREAT at the beginning, but you either die or go to rehab. I think I went to rehab.
people always asking you if you can play stairway
Quote by unplugtheradio

i dub thee, Knight of Asskickery.

that is amazing

Quote by human-blasphamy
i like my nether regions shaved down till there soft as a babys ass. Cause thats where there going.

The Day Cas Pwnd UG.
Quote by Alreddyded
0mgz Br00tal Gh0st!11!11
Quote by skeptopotamus
How there are many guitarists in my circles, but 90% of them are die-hard technique nerds. Not only is it impossible to have a conversation about guitar playing with them (because it always shifts to technique and how much I don't know (nor do I care)), it's impossible to talk without having the conversation shift that way, whether you play or not. It's annoying for me because when people find out I play, which i don't commonly discuss, I'm suddenly "one of those guitar guys". Right off the bat, I'm some social skill-less nerd who only wants to boast about music, when all I really want to do is chill. That's why I don't like to discuss guitar playing...these fuckers suck all the fun out of it and make it a chore. I don't give two shits about obscure modes and scales, sweeping, travis-picking, flamenco fingering, nine-thousand chords that only inbred 12-fingered West VA hicks can play without stretching a tendon, and a whole host of other things. I just want to be able to play well enough that I can still have fun, and I don't have to rub it in other people's faces to make my dick look bigger. I used to care about all that shit but learning it wasn't fun and certainly talking about it wasn't. Like heroin...it must be GREAT at the beginning, but you either die or go to rehab. I think I went to rehab.
People who think I'm crap because I haven't bothered to learn American Idiot.

I am crap, but not for that reason.

Quote by walker-rose

Yup.
Or something you do know but are tired of playing. Like Stairway To Heaven (I like the song but I'm tired of people asking me to play it for them).

And totally agree with skeptopotamus.
Quote by pigeonkicker
people always asking you if you can play stairway

Member of the SOAD Fan club.

sdrawkcab gnidaer pots

DeviantArt
Quote by BodaciousZac
"Noob can't even kill level 2 boars."
Originally Posted by clincher09
just might be testicular cancer, but I bet you'd give your left nut not to have cancer