Page 1 of 2
what are some good ways to get the crowd involved at a gig? i dont wnat people just sitting there, like lets say clap along to a song, how wuold you go about actually gtetting the crowd to do that stuff? what are some other cool things to get the crowd involed for a local band to do, expect about 30-40 people there
urinate on them, of course...
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Im not gonna pretend i have any experience playing live here, but from what ive seen with other bands, if you get a catchy riff going and drag it on a bit before the song starts as a hint, the audience seem to go for that.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
play good music!
"The shopowner and his son ... well that's an entirely different story altogether ... I had to beat them to death with their own shoes."
you're the guy thats playing with pensive right?

anyway, are you playing covers, originals or a mix of both?

you could work some familiar songs into the set. I don't really know, I'm the drummer for my band, my lead singer usually takes care of getting the crowd into the set.
ICE
CREAM
IS
GONNA
SAVE
THE
DAY
...AGAIN
yes i am the guy thats playing pensive, we are playing one cover, and were hoping it will go over well because everyone knows it. it is dammit by blink182. i just want to be like already guys everybody jump, clap to this one,stuff like that. im playing guitar and singing at the same time so i cant move too much.
Well if you want them to clap just start clapping yourself, but do it big. That usually gives people the message to clap and they'll do it usually.
: : Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Ibanez Acoustic-Electric
Fender Black Strat
: : Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde Distortion & Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender Tuner
Quote by deslni01
Well if you want them to clap just start clapping yourself, but do it big. That usually gives people the message to clap and they'll do it usually.

idk ive got this fear ill do it and noone else will lol..
but maybe i could just tell like 5-10 of my friends to make damn sure they do it everyone else will come along, i just hate seeing people looking bored, i want them ot have a good time
make sure the band is really into it, when an audience sees a band having a good time with a song they normally follow. i like to point at some people in the audience when i play to let them know i'm paying attention to them too, good luck with the show.
I'd advise you to just go onto YouTube and look for some bands playing live.
From that you can get a fairly plain idea of what to do.
But personally, I just talk to and associate with the crowd. Don't be boring or too forcing on the crowd.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
If you band is decent, crowds love gang vocals. something yelled, not screamed or something easy to sing ussually goes over great.
yea, ill go watch some bands get the crowd into it, its just were a local band and people arent going to like memorize our vocals or anythigm, most people will be there because we personally invited them. i just hope SC is familiar with pensive so pensive can bring some fans over to us
Quote by nine01n
maybe i could just tell like 5-10 of my friends to make damn sure they do it everyone else will come along

thats a pretty sneaky way of getting acceptance

but after you play about two or three songs, then come in with the cover.

if people are diggin you already and they know the cover itll be easier to get them to join in..

maybe have the drummer or bassist start the clapping.. then you can join in with a thigh slap or somethin.. some excesive foot stomping to the beat.. get them to know the rhythm you want them goin to.
i hate to say this, i really do, but watch some live greenday( i was brainwashed years ago by my brother, but i still dont like there new stuff at all) they do get the crowd going....please dont flam, im not a fan, im just helping someone out
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
Watch some CKY footage they know how to get the crowd going. Just make it clear that you're having a good time on stage and they will have a good time too, I can't wait til things pick up and I start playing shows I'm gonna have a blast
nah no flaming, haha i dont think greendays bad, i mean, if there songs are so easy, why the hell didnt u make them up first
heres just a little idea i had..
right before we play dammit..
i say sometihng like..alright guys were about to play a cover song..but it has profanity in it, and my moms here, so i need you guys to help me out. whenever it gets silent, i need you guys all to sing with me if you know the lyrics alright? and at the part where its like he fvcked her we just stop playing (drums bass and guitar) for a second and let the crowd say it then come back in and finish the song. but id be riding on the fact that the crowd knows it..
Get a character like Liam Gallagher to sing for your band that'd be hilarious. Walk on stage with a tallboy and a tambourine and start arguing with your band into the microphone. Swear lots.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by 1000eyes
Watch some CKY footage they know how to get the crowd going. Just make it clear that you're having a good time on stage and they will have a good time too, I can't wait til things pick up and I start playing shows I'm gonna have a blast

QFT

To the MAX
See Steve Vai Live At The Astoria. He talks with the crowd, making them a part of the show.
strat player forever.
We tell people to skank and make fun of each other and people in the audience excessively. It gets people going pretty well.
[SIZE=
do something original and funny. i saw the kaiser cheifs at reading. their singer did things like yell things like "hands up" and "hands down", people did this. it was very funny watching them all.

also: try a cover that everyone knows the words to and let the crowd sing it
Quote by Muphin
Get a character like Liam Gallagher to sing for your band that'd be hilarious. Walk on stage with a tallboy and a tambourine and start arguing with your band into the microphone. Swear lots.

Hes not Axl Rose (I hope).

Anyway...my suggestions:
As others have said before, something the audience knows that they can either sing along with or clap to. "We Will Rock You" by Queen used to be a big one for that back in my day.

Buy a few rounds of booze for 20 or 30 people
im thikning at the very beggining have it come out and its all dark, and the drummer plays bass bass snare..bass bass snare..and i start going we will we will rock you bass bass snare like 3 times then drum click the the lights come on and we start playing out first song but it owuld be a fast transition, so its all dark and slow then we go right into our fastest song and the lights come on..sound like somethin cool?
Quote by nine01n
im thikning at the very beggining have it come out and its all dark, and the drummer plays bass bass snare..bass bass snare..and i start going we will we will rock you bass bass snare like 3 times then drum click the the lights come on and we start playing out first song but it owuld be a fast transition, so its all dark and slow then we go right into our fastest song and the lights come on..sound like somethin cool?

To be honest, no

It sounds cheesy and over-planned
ACTUALLY, someone tell me how they think this would go over

in the middle of our set so they dont get bored. we be like alright. ihope all you guys know these words to this one. its 4 simple words. SCOTTIE DOESNT KNOW click click click click (drums) and we start playing scottie doesnt know? because even if they dont, its not a hard chorus, haha. i think that would be a great cover
throw them fake 100 dollar bills
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by LPIndin
urinate on them, of course...
HAHAHA!
Your Mom [insert rest of sentence here]
thats the point, these are going to be friends and maybe a few locals, they wont know our words and they could be a tad bit familiar with our music, but not to the point of memorization of the words, thats why i need some helkp getting em pumped and having a good time for me so i will havea better time, and so the venue will invite us back
Quote by nine01n
yes i am the guy thats playing pensive, we are playing one cover, and were hoping it will go over well because everyone knows it. it is dammit by blink182. i just want to be like already guys everybody jump, clap to this one,stuff like that. im playing guitar and singing at the same time so i cant move too much.

well one thing that i like to do is plug into a wireless. and start playing the star spangled banner from back stage and by the time its over we are all set up. so you may want to try something like that. it also helps to have the song not have anything but guitar. its easy for us to work in the star spangled banner because we do a lot of skynyrd covers.

the crowd usually likes it. they get all excited. directly after that our second guitarist starts playing the intro to sweet home alabama as i am still holding out the last note from the star spangled banner. i usually hold it untill he finishes the first riff.

but our band has like 2 1/2 guitarists. i play lead. and then we have a second guitarist. and our singer plays some guitar also. so when the song requires 3 like freebird or simple man. we have the lead singer play some easy stuff.
Be energetic, move around and stuff, the energy will fly into the audience and they will hopefully got invovled and in turn send more energy back t your band.

Scientific Diagram:

Y --------- >> T
o <<---------- H
u -------->>!!! E
! !!!!!! <------- M

!!!! (mosh pit) !!!!!
Quote by technicolour
Be energetic, move around and stuff, the energy will fly into the audience and they will hopefully got invovled and in turn send more energy back t your band.

Scientific Diagram:

Y --------- >> T
o <<---------- H
u -------->>!!! E
! !!!!!! <------- M

!!!! (mosh pit) !!!!!

Science FTW!
Page 1 of 2