So, Revelations comes out in just a few days, but it has already leaked on the internet, so i'm sure that many people (including me) have already heard it. What do you guys think of this album?

I think it's their best album to date, almost entirely because there is barely any of those recognizable tom morello "RATM" riffs anymore. That could be explained by the fact that Chris Cornell wrote most of the songs and guitar parts. I think the album is great, theyve gone into an entirely new direction and are now way more melodic then ever.

Sure, Audioslave will never over-shadow the impact that RATM and Soundgarden had on music in the past decade or so, but its great to know that there are still great musicians making music today and not just idiots like panic at the disco.

-chris-
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
Chris wrote the music? boooooo.

Now you've told me i'm gunna find it hard not to steal it...
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
meh, im still gonna buy it when it comes out. I just can't contain my excitement when i find out that a long awaited album is readily available.

-chris-
i have only heard 'original fire' and that is one of the best new songs i've heard in a long time. i want to get the album when it comes out.
This is how you keep a blonde busy for hours!
Click Here

Quote by gsr2k6
My gf tryed to click your sig link and then asked me why it wouldnt work .

Oh.. wait....
Quote by tauket2
meh, im still gonna buy it when it comes out. I just can't contain my excitement when i find out that a long awaited album is readily available.

-chris-

true. It's my birthday 2 weeks on monday so i'll ask for it, or just by it with any cash i get.

And the video for original fire- that solo bit I swear is going to cause people's brans to melt if they watch it while fried....
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
I had a dream about listening to it last night. But I kind of mixed it in with Mastodons new album, and I dreamt it was an awesome concept album. Hopefully its good.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
i hate the new song...original fire...the riffs are just so generic and boring....and the vocals aint much better

however....i do have high expectations for the album
Original Fire... Easily the worst song on the CD. Which is good news for all of you concerned people.

Best? ... Moth
Gear
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Fender Deluxe Reverb
Jaguar | Stratocaster | Telecaster | Jazzmaster
Original fire is like the crappiest song I've ever heard. Honestly Fall Out Boy has some songs that are 100 times better. The verse riff is terrible, and the solo is worse then having no solo at all.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Audioslave have yet to release a decent album.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Quote by RHCPhysco8
Audioslave have yet to release a decent album.

Agreed. I don't understand their appeal at all. They're generic, not particularly profficient and have terrible solos (except for that one song where the kid is a boxer.) I mean their are so many bands today that release better material, and yet this board seems to love them. Ah well, I'm rambling again.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by WrathofKahn
Original Fire... Easily the worst song on the CD. Which is good news for all of you concerned people.

Best? ... Moth

I love moth

i also love broken city, as different as it is
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Agreed. I don't understand their appeal at all. They're generic, not particularly profficient and have terrible solos (except for that one song where the kid is a boxer.) I mean their are so many bands today that release better material, and yet this board seems to love them. Ah well, I'm rambling again.

That's exactly what their appeal to kids our age is. Bland "Rock N' Roll" with nothing new to say. Maybe they'll become a bit "funkier" on a new album but that's just an excuse to not create an exact rehash of the previous album.

But if the kids buy it (which they do) then they'll keep making 'em.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024

as much as i love audioslave, i kinda have to agree. There isnt one of their album that i really like from beginning to end. This album is really good though.

And i've seen them live... wow. whole other story. They rocked the house like only guys from former 90's bands could.

-chris-
I'm glad you realize this yet at the same time call yourself a fan.

Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024

Quote by tauket2

And i've seen them live... wow. whole other story. They rocked the house like only guys from former 90's bands could.

Indeed they do