http://www.myspace.com/trivium

The bands new releases are in fact Thrash, and I'd urge you all to listen to their latest song Entrance of The Conflagration before dismissing it as metalcore as it is most definately not and is a MASSIVE departure from ANY of their previous work. It's actually metal!
The vast majority of their material is metalcore, so bugger off.

One or two metal songs =/= Metal band

Otherwise, let's get Sum 41 in here as well.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Spynal
The vast majority of their material is metalcore, so bugger off.

One or two metal songs =/= Metal band

Otherwise, let's get Sum 41 in here as well.

But all their new material is metal so I was wondering what the opinion was on the new stuff around here.
I've heard some of their new stuff, it's still not Metal, they just don't have the awful shouty vocals
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
It's the metal forum, most people in here despise metalcore for some reason

EDIT: sounds ok to me so far
NOPE.
yes, why is this still in the metal forum?
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by NFFC_1865
But all their new material is metal

Debatable at points. Without an entire CD out, it's hard to say such a statement.

That being said, Cephalic Carnage had an album with heavy doom elements, does that make Ceph Carnage a doom band?

See where I'm going with this?

Good.

Go away.

Quote by Magero
We care about the Genre because if it isn't metal it shouldn't be in here

Wow, I thought Detonation was a once off, but it seems Entrance of the Conflaguration is a blatant rip off of AJFA... Era Metallica too
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by Spynal
Debatable at points. Without an entire CD out, it's hard to say such a statement.

That being said, Cephalic Carnage had an album with heavy doom elements, does that make Ceph Carnage a doom band?

See where I'm going with this?

Good.

Go away.

If you'd have asked politely in the first place I'd have deleted this by now. But I'd rather receive a warning than delete a thread after being told to "bugger off" and "go away."
What happened to the days where they was like 4 kinds of music? RocK N Roll, blues, jazz and country. Now theres about 30,000 different kinds.

I even seen hardcore/acid blues somewhere it's sad i tell you what.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Yeah, what the hell is up, industrial metal, folk metal, doom metal, grindcore etc, I mean wtf? Really much need for so many genres?
NOPE.
^ Yes, because they are all different, and make it easy to identify the sound of a band when you want to share it with others. There aren't even that many, and if they confuse you, it's a display of your lack of intelligence rather than people who classify music.

Quote by XzX_Patrick_XzX
genre nazis piss me off...who cares what genre? im worried about the music and if i like it or not

The UG messageboards have different sections for different genres. Trivium are not metal, therefore they don't belong in this section.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by NFFC_1865
If you'd have asked politely in the first place I'd have deleted this by now. But I'd rather receive a warning than delete a thread after being told to "bugger off" and "go away."

Very well... your choice.

*reported*

Quote by Magero
Well...I guess it's slitghly more thrash..but still not what I picture. The vocals almost remind me of James from Metallica : /
Quote by XzX_Patrick_XzX
genre nazis piss me off...who cares what genre? im worried about the music and if i like it or not

Yeah, why don't we just have one forum called "Music" and put every band in there?

Fucktwat.
there song anthem isnt so bad, ive already said that on the metal forum before, but i still prefere metal over metalcore, but theres some good metal-core, like older himsa, thats good metal-core, but the thing is, i know that its metal-core, not metal, lol, and his voice sounds like a wannabe James Hetfield, and i think triviums leads are horrible, they sound thrown together, and rushed, imo, just like A7x, or whatever that abbreviation is. . .
people defintion of thrash nowdays is someone odd

but anyways why would u even want to listen to that, its metallica but with gay clean vox in the middle which mind u is completly unthrash like

and matt heafty's a tool
LOL! OMG THEY HAVE T3H M3TALLICA RIFFS, LOLZ THEY TRY TO BE t3h METALLICA LMAOROFLWTFBBQ

Maybe, you know they just have like influences maybe?
Quite Heavy though, I might add. Give 'em time. They're young and Roadrunner is pushing them too much. At the moment with Heafy being all big about everything and having circle ego jerks with kirk in guitarworld It's more like MATT-allica. Probably change when Matt hits puberty though.
If this new album is ALL metal, they still won't be discussed here. They will have to release at least another metal album after The Crusade to be discussed here.

1st album = metalcore
2nd album = metalcore
The Crusade (if it is all metal) = metal
4th album = metal
5th album = metal

If this happens, then the majority of their music will be metal, so they will be discussed here.
But guess what, thats a long way away, so off to the Hardcore forum with ye.

EDIT: I thought Entrance Of The Conflagration was quite good.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Last edited by duncang at Sep 2, 2006,
Quote by duncang
If this new album is ALL metal, they still won't be discussed here. They will have to release at least another metal album after The Crusade to be discussed here.

1st album = metalcore
2nd album = metalcore
The Crusade (if it is all metal) = metal
4th album = metal
5th album = metal

If this happens, then the majority of their music will be metal, so they will be discussed here.
But guess what, thats a long way away, so off to the Hardcore forum with ye.

EDIT: I thought Entrance Of The Conflagration was quite good.

So it's a Album by Album basis, and not a song by song basis? Ahhh I see.
Does this mean if Metallica keep churning out ****e they get throw into the Hardcore forum too?
^ oh shiz

the new album isnt metal because he'll keep on doing his terrible melodic vox which makes the song insantly gay
I don't see the big fúcking problem all those kids have with their favorite little band being banished from the metal forum. It's not a general prohibition out there to talk about them. Just not here. Rules are there to follow. "Oh, officer, don't be such a tempo nazi and give me a speeding ticket, I usually just go 50."
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...