i've been looking for a new amp for quite some time now, and have quite a list of options in mind. i was wondering, is the Peavey Valve King half stack worth the money, or should i buy a nice combo instead...

basically, any advice you may have on the pros and cons of the valve king would be great!

thanks
the other guitar player in my band has a valve king half stack, and he really likes it. i used to play combo amps until i tried a stack. i could never go back to a combo. you just can't get the "ooomph" in the low end that you can get with a good stack.
Dirty Sanchez
Valveking combos are alright, but if you want a halfstack don't waste the money with the VK. If you're gonna go big you'll need quality and sound, and that combination doesn't come cheap.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Buy a good combo, the Valvekings are just ok, and you don't need a stack at all unless you're playing stadiums and huge gigs.

How much have you got to spend on a good combo?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yeah RHCP is right. (and if you're playing large gigs then youd have enough money to get somthing nicer)

dont buy it. get a nice combo
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
Powerhouse Strat with lace sensors
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2
Phase 90
TU-2
SM57
If you do get one, I'd just get the valveking head, don't get the cab. It's unbelievable how badly the screw these amps over with bad speakers. I'd suggest getting a Carvin cab; great price, awsome sound.