ive had had the zakk wylde boomers(.010-.060) for about a month and i love the feel of them. i bought them for very low tunings and they work really good. I tune my guitar down 2 whole steps at all times but after a while, my neck still seems to bend in a bit. my question is: Is the tension of the boomers tuned 2 steps down less or more tension that if i had lets say .010-.046 tuned in standered???

thanks for any help
The reason you use heavier strings is so the tension with a lower tuning is the same as standard tuning with medium strings. 10s really aren't that heavy though.

If you use heavy strings with a lower tuning you don't need to adjust the truss rod.
Quote by smb
The reason you use heavier strings is so the tension with a lower tuning is the same as standard tuning with medium strings. 10s really aren't that heavy though.

If you use heavy strings with a lower tuning you don't need to adjust the truss rod.

i dont know if you noticed but its 10 to 60 60 is ****in thick. they are probably the top heavy ones.
i use the zakk wyle 11s(exept instead of the 70 its a 60) and i play in B standard(2.5 steps down) and everything is great.
i use 13's in standard, and my les paul is fine.
"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
Yeah, 10's aren't really that heavy, going below C is pretty bad in them, there's barely any tension. 12's or 13's are perfects. Although I have no idea how someone can use 13's in standard, that's gotta hurt the fingers >_<
Quote by into the moat
i use the zakk wyle 11s(exept instead of the 70 its a 60) and i play in B standard(2.5 steps down) and everything is great.

how long have you had those strings on??? what guitar do you have them on?
Ohkay, I was gonna open a new thread but I saw this one and thought I'd ask in here.

I've recently started playing in Drop C, so I was wondering what strings you guys would suggest for that.

I like a pretty heavy tone, but I also want to be able to solo fairly easily on the higher strings.

I've got a Les Paul Standard at the moment, and .10s at the moment, do I need to adjust anything if I were to get thicker gauge strings?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by buzzcut
how long have you had those strings on??? what guitar do you have them on?

well there the only strings i use and i change them every night before a show, so they get changed a lot. i have them on all my guitars but my 7-string, i dont really feel like listing all my guitars at the moment, most are in my sig.
Last edited by into the moat at Sep 2, 2006,
Your all wimps. I use .25s on the high e...

But I mainly play a Fender Bass VI :P.

10-60 in standard is no problem, but Zakk likes to tune A-adgbe. with the A an octave below
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Quote by Pedricko
Your all wimps. I use .25s on the high e...
But I mainly play a Fender Bass VI :P.

10-60 in standard is no problem, but Zakk likes to tune A-adgbe. with the A an octave below

where the **** do you get those???
i use .13s tuned down half a step i tried playing in standard for a week and ive still got a scar.

if you think .10s are heavy even if it goes to .60 is heavy you are.....well emm probably very young?
Quote by into the moat
SRV used like .15s in standard

no, he didnt, he used .14s tuned town a half step
Quote by into the moat
SRV used like .15s in standard

srv used 13's or 14's and tuned a half step down .. just for the record

edit: nvm didnt read whole tread (left original post in so no one wonders "why the edit")
First off, you guys that are all "10's aren't heavy," need to pay some attention. They're Zakk Wylde strings. They go from .010 to .060, which is fairly light to monstrously heavy. That's what Zakk does so he can get speed for his solos and tone for his riffs.

I'm 95% sure that SRV used 13's down a half step.

To anyone who responded to Pedricko going OMG, he's playing a six-string bass.

To the_astronaut, I would recommend at least 11's, but 12's would probably be better.

Did I miss anything?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
To the_astronaut, I would recommend at least 11's, but 12's would probably be better.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

10-60... lol. Kool, I play .13-.53 or .54. Good for Downtunings or standered.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
On a totally unrelated note, I saw three kids come into our music store here with screwed up necks from trying to put on strings like Zakk Wylde's without adjusting anything.
i use 10-60's for standard
i think their 10-60's anyway there light/heavy
anyway you need 12's or 13's if your tuining C or lower
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
Rofl I use .009s to .042 and the last few days I was playing in B flat (for some dream theater haha). Thank god thats on my Ibanez though, thatd be impossible to set up on my Epi with the Floyd Rose :P
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Quote by Maj_Tom
On a totally unrelated note, I saw three kids come into our music store here with screwed up necks from trying to put on strings like Zakk Wylde's without adjusting anything.

they probably tuned them in standered, too!!! lol.

i tune mine in b standered.
Quote by skippertipper
i use 13's in standard, and my les paul is fine.

dude, same here.
Quote by Pedricko
Its an old style baritone, tuned E to e. I get the strings custom.

http://www.marksmart.net/gearhack/lacevi/BassVIClose_1.JPG

I could have sworn that the Fender VI was considered a 6-string bass, tuned the same as a guitar. Oh well, same effect.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.