here is my currrent gear;
Guitars - sg standard, mim tele, squire strat
Amp - fender hot rod deluxe

how is this for a proposed pedal board? I will probably be making this over the next 6 months, hopefully converting a briefcase into a pedalboard.

Pedals - prospective ones in (?)

Delay - boss dd-3
Chorus - (eh small clone)
Phaser - (mxr phase 90 (evh) or eh small stone)
Disortion/Overdrive - carl martin plexitone
Equalizer - (mxr 108)

how versatile would this set up be, are there any egregious omissions or things I should know before I commit to this?
Seems pretty average
Who's dumber?
The cat that plays with a piece of string for 30 minutes,
Or the guy who dangles the string for 30 minutes?
Its all fine BUT.

Go for the original Phase 90 (Its a classic)

For the EQ, Try the Kerry King 10-band, It's supposed to be killer.

You'll need a wah too, Try the Voxs or high-end JD's (353Q or JW)
Those aren't high end wahs... Those are average wahs. You want a high end wah look into a Buddha or if you're really willing to shell out the cash a Teese.
Who's dumber?
^ My bad, it's just it seems like most UG people don't realize other companies that don't have the name Boss, Digitech, MXR or Dunlop exist (And that for the most part those 4 aren't too spectacular). Kinda annoys me
Who's dumber?
I know but generally people wouldnt trust other companies because they are unfamiliar, Half my FX pedals are generally boutique or small branded companies.. I have a Teese real mccoy wah in red, But i use it when i need boosted solos but still prefer my 90 quid Billionth-hand WH10 heh :p
Quote by Matticuss22
Its all fine BUT.

Go for the original Phase 90 (Its a classic)

For the EQ, Try the Kerry King 10-band, It's supposed to be killer.

You'll need a wah too, Try the Voxs or high-end JD's (353Q or JW)

+1
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
i just came into 1400$, do you guys still think that this is a good setup?

oh also, what do yu guys thinks about the new electro harmonix pedals coming out? I think I might look into them.
Delay: The Boss one is good. Mine works a treat. You can go analog like an Ibanez AD-9 but thats not my taste.

Chorus: Boss CH-1 Super Chorus or EHX Small Clone, whatever floats your boat.

Phaser: MXR EVH Phase 90. No questions asked. Matticuss22, i've tried almost every phaser on the market, boutique and not and the MXR still has my favourite sound. The only thing i'm trying to fix on it is making it true bypass by modding.

Overdrive: Maxon OD-9. True Bypass and sounds absolutely orgasmic. I've just acquired mine and i use it religiously.

Equalizer: I'd go a Maxon or a Guyatone equalizer if you can find one. Personally i dont like the MXR nor the Boss. The KFK equalizer is a complete waste of money, it is just the standard MXR one with Kerry King's endrosement. Doesn't sound any different. Personally i dont like or use equalizer pedals. All the equalization i need is in my overdrive pedal. I dont use one, fairly useless in my opinion. Learn to EQ your amp and you'll find your tone with an amp and u wont even need the equalizer
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Oh yeah, as mentioned before, a VOX Clyde Wah or a Dunlop 535Q would do nicely in your setup but if you got the cash go Teese or Buddah.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM