so i am making a solo for a song that my band has made and it starts off Climbing up the E Aeolian mode and then it changes to the E Phrygian mode. After that, it goes to E harmonic Minor.

Does that really matter tat i am changing the scales i use?

thanks
As long as it sounds good, it doesn't matter. It's best the scales you use fit the chords behind them though.

Remember, there aren't any rules to music... just hundreds of guidelines.
Carpe diem; Seize the day.

Just be.

Scales are notes, not shapes, boxes, or patterns.
Quote by fendermalmsteen
It's best the scales you use fit the chords behind them though.

yeah thats what i am doing like the E aeolian part its just an open E chugged, but when it moves to Phrygian, its an F5 played underneath
That will totally work, Luke. The F# that you would otherwise be playing in your E aeolian scale won't work over the F in your F5 chord, so you change that. That simple change in your aeolian scale (changing the F# to an F) makes it phrygian. They're both minor in nature, as they both use the flattened third (in this case, G natural). By extension, it makes sense, then that E harmonic minor would also work.

As fendermalmsteen suggests, though.... depending on the chords you're using.

Chris
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
That will totally work, Luke. The F# that you would otherwise be playing in your E aeolian scale won't work over the F in your F5 chord, so you change that. That simple change in your aeolian scale (changing the F# to an F) makes it phrygian. They're both minor in nature, as they both use the flattened third (in this case, G natural). By extension, it makes sense, then that E harmonic minor would also work.

As fendermalmsteen suggests, though.... depending on the chords you're using.

Chris

thanks Chris,
you know what, I have learnt more from these forums than from going to guitar lessons so i thank you for that guys.