usually you get what you pay for, and i can bet that the "floyd rose" on there sucks sh*t too. look into ibanez, epiphone, and some lower end fenders. mexi strats are nice, and sometimes you can find good deals on ebay. make sure its authentic though.
ts do you really need to the floyd? do you down tune often? do you know how to set it up? anyway it looks alright and for being cheap i wouldnt expect anything great from the guitar and yeh i would go with a hardtail version of that guitar so the floyd doesnt do anything to me
ive never played an sx, but ive seen alot of negative reviews from posters in EG this past year or so. most say to stick with the higher end agiles or look elsewhere.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
well that sucks then since i own a beginners SX and i really enjoyed my model and for being so cheap its actuall pretty good the frets were amazing for such a low end guitar
glad you got a good one, and they look pretty hot for the price.
and i wish the search function worked for me today, cause i just read another bad sx post yesterday in a thread.

either way, i know i wouldnt get one wt a cheap floyd. that's just begging for trouble.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
that and a hoooker with plenty of STDS. of course my SX only had one of those strat trems and in the months that i abused it, it has held its tuning pretty well which surprised since it was cheap but the g-string did give me alot of hassle
Quote by azn_guitarist25
that and a hoooker with plenty of STDS. of course my SX only had one of those strat trems and in the months that i abused it, it has held its tuning pretty well which surprised since it was cheap but the g-string did give me alot of hassle

dont worry g strings give everyone hassle from time to time..........

I wouldnt go with it personally, it has a cheap low end trem, which will not hold tune i can guarantee. Unless you drop in an OFR or soemthing but there isnt really much point considering its a low end guitar at the end of the day. A hardtail or no trem at all may be a more wise choice at your price range.
dont worry g strings give everyone hassle from time to time..........

Please say that wasn't another bad joke about g strings
140 bucks + Floyd Rose Guitar = Not a good idea, methinks.

SX lineup is great project/starter guitars, but given I wouldn't recommend some guitars w/ Lic. Floyd's at over 3x the cost of the SX... I'd look at a hardtail.
haha
Quote by chobbsy
Please say that wasn't another bad joke about g strings

sorry i seriously couldnt resist it................. ...........im just immature at heart
Don't really know alot about this type of guitar but I just got an Epiphone Special II - it is relatively cheap (£150 approx) and excellent to play.
yeh but i find them to be utter crap probably because im used to higher end guitars or maybe because theyre made at a lower level. but really if you like it i wouldnt say there is nothing to stop you probably just our opinions