Hi i recently bought a laney vc30 and i find its gain is a bit lacking for metal and hard rock. Ive read that overdrive pedals are better for valve amps but the laney has very weak gain by itself so i was wondering if an overdrive pedal would give me enough gain for playin metal like megadeth, metallica, pantera and if i would be better off with a distortion pedal. I have tried the amp with a digitech metal master distortion pedal but i thought the pedal was a piece of ****e. So would an overdrive pedal give me sufficient drive? thanks.
i know what the gd pedals are i just want to know whether an overdrive pedal would give me enough boost on the gain/drive of my amp for metal because my amps got realy weak gain by itself
megadeth isn't all that heavy... are you able to crank the amp? what's your budget for the pedal?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
im
Gear:

1996 Fender Stratocaster Jimmie Vaughan Edition
Ovation 1860 Balladeer Acoustic/Electric
Miller Electric
Indiana Jones Acoustic

Kustom Amp
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?