Picked up this samick for my GF, but strings E and B are really low volume in comparison to the rest on all of the pickup selector positions accept full bridge. its like they are 2% of the volume of the rest of the strings. Any ideas?
that side of the pickup is lower than the rest?

raise that side closer to the strings.

the screw right beside the pickup. small turns, watch it raise and lower.
get it to a good height as per ur preference.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
your guitars ****
Ibanez SAS32
Yamaha ERG121
Marshal 10CD
Zoom GFX1
Line 6 echo park
Line 6 uber metal
Try turning the treble up on your amp and see if that helps.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Check pole pieces. If the guitar has had a pickup changed, it might be a pickup with the wrong pole piece spacings. Check by seeing if the strings lie basically right over the top of the pole pieces if they are exposed. If you have more than one pickup, try it with your switch on a different.....uhhh....thingo. You know what I mean
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
nope they all lying straight above. i think the wiring could be shot. it acts like a mic when i tap the pickguard its like tapping a mic.
Quote by fiztech
nope none of the above. bizarre it is.

i know ur saying its none of the above, but if the volume is low for a string, certain pup, then that side of the pickup (or pole) needs to be raised.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

well up was the best way.

u can lower the bass side of the pup then raise the overall volume.
make sure the strings are directly over the poles.

God, not for nothing but ur having one heck of a time with this samick. i hope ur gf appreciates the work that went into this.

the only other thing i can think of is two of ur pickups are faulty. if that's the case then it's back to the shop.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

what bizarre is the mic like sound that occurs when i tap the pickguard or pickups, its like the tapping is being amplified. why might this be occuring? i think its a wiring issue but just not sure what it might be. any ideas?
All guitars will do this to some extent, but I think your pickups might be michophonic. It might be an idea to replace them with some wax potted pickups. They aren't very expensive, as most pickups are wax potted these days
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
I'd check all the wiring to make sure everything's soldered correctly, then do a truss rod adjustment.

Hope that helps.
Ham Wallet
what else could they be? metal painted nylon? hahahaha

will pull it apart tonight.

the pups are supposedly duncan designed, and less than 2 years old.
Last edited by fiztech at Sep 7, 2006,
ok took it apart and the magnets had fallen off the the back off the pickups and gone into one pile. bizarre.
couldnt u have seen that just from looking at the guitar's face?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

that's like the wierdest thing ever. and no, you prolly couldn't see that from the front.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by jj1565
couldnt u have seen that just from looking at the guitar's face?

not without my superman xray glasses on jenny ;-P

plays sweet as now, sounds awesome. it is a quality guitar, i suspect the previous owner thrashed it though as he didnt look all to responsible.

too bad i broke up with my gf :-(
Quote by fiztech
not without my superman xray glasses on jenny ;-P

urs didnt come in the mail yet?

yeah, sorry, thought u were saying the poles caved to one side. i really didnt read u over well.
anyway, sorry about the gf, glad the rest worked out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62