Ok so after a while, I have finally decided on the VOX valvetronix amps, AD series. I just can't decide between the 30 watt or the 50 watt. I have the money for both, but I am not sure about volume. Right now I am only playing in the bedroom, but in times to come I will start jamming with friends. I no that the VOX AD's have that switch where you can change the wattage. Any advice on the 30 or the 50, and/or how the wattage knob affects the volume. Thanks!
50 Watts, Vox Valvetronix is a great amp, I bought one a few weeks ago and it's awesome, the power switch is extremely handy and the amp models are great. Effects are also pretty good but I don't use most of them except for the wah and compressor. Not going to be disappointed with this amp.
on the back of the amp u can adjust the voltage or w/e so if u have a 50 u can set it like anywhere from 0-50 so it doesnt matter, go with the 50
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
ok thanks. So with the wattage knob, I can turn it down so it is like I have 15 watts(and it sounds lke 15 watts) for when I play in the house. And I can max it out for when I play with the band?(I've got a loud drummer)
yep
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Go with the 50 watt version so you'll have to option to be louder if necessary.
Current Rig
Guitar: Jackson DK-1
Amp: Peavey JSX 212
Effects: Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah, ISP Decimator,
MXR 10 Band EQ
with the 50 watts you can turn the wattage down on the back so you wont loose any gain if u have it on low volume and you could crank it right up and probally play a small bar with it