im going to buy and amp to go with my ibanez rg321 that is being shipped to my local gc
i play metal, rock, classic rock, and may branch out into some other genres
i want enough watts for jam sessions with a drummer
i cant go to much over $200
There's not really much you can get for ~$200 that can compete with a drummer. You may have to raise your price to about $400 or so for a 60 wattish Solid State, or a 30 wattish Tube.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
i agree, that amp won't be anything more than a practice amp. it will have trouble going over a drummer too if its 15 watts
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
look at the 50 watt valvetronix, i like it a lot better plus the power level switch will probably be useful to you. or look at a cube 30/60 too if you have the money.
Quote by petrucci is god
im going to buy and amp to go with my ibanez rg321 that is being shipped to my local gc
i play metal, rock, classic rock, and may branch out into some other genres
i want enough watts for jam sessions with a drummer
i cant go to much over $200

$225 cube 30, should get u over a drummer ok. (depends on how vigorous, and if its a full band.)
but like said, when u use a solid state amp, for best tone, ull want to use it at lower volumes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Ya if you want to get more for less look at used stuff. I got my vt30 for $200 bucks regualar $300 (Cdn). The guy even gave me an extra year of warranty for any repairs for like 10 bucks so its well worth it. As far as i'm concerned the amp is brand new minus the box. He did reccomend 50watts or more for a drummer though.