my friend is comin over next week and he plays drums, ive nvr jammed with a drummer b4, and im just curious if my vox valvetronix AD30VT will be loud enough to get over the drummer
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
It really depends on the drummer, my drummer friend isn't too insane but he sometimes does drown out my ad30vt at full power.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Well if that amp only 30 watts like i think it is then i seriously doubt it, i have a 90 watt solid state and i have usually no trouble, but when i used a 65 watt i had trouble, so 30 prolly won't do the trick
It will all depend on how hard he is playing. If you are playing metal, he will probably be playing faster and harder than blues.
fender its like a tube/ss its like a hybrid i guess they say it compares to like a 60 watt SS ive heard
The Valvetronix is a hybrid but it's really essentially a solid state. Still, 30 watts should be able to be heard over a drummer. If he plays too loud just tell him to play softer. Loud practices are the best way to not notice sloppy playing and get out of synch with the other musicians.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Yeah, just don't suck the mids when playing high volumes!!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
ok thanks guys
well i usually have no problem playing with a loud drummer. becasue i usually have an slo-100 stack when i play. so thats like 400+ watts of all tube power.

i dont need all that but i have it incase its needed. becasue i dont like to use the PA systems. it kinda messes with the tone.
^ What are the other 31 amps? I'm just curious, its very brave of you to claim that you have a **** load of guitars and 32 "+" amps.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone