i need some good neo classical bands
this is my favorite genre
and dont say cacophony or jason becker
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
Yngwie J Malmsteen n el rising force
Quote by Freepower

B) Think. This may be hard if you havent done it before, so start slow and with a metronome.

Quote by Punk Poser
What's in my wallet:
Broken Dreams, crushed oppurtinitues, and an old condom.

Quote by PooKoo
well, we are pricks, but were arrogant, not ignorant.
explain neo-classical?

Never heard of it before. I'm intrigued. For some reason I think of it as a metal genre where they incorporate symphony... lol
Absinthe maketh the heart grow fonder
symphony x
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Yngwie (duh), Vinnie Moore, Tony Macalpine, some Greg Howe, Joe Stump, just to name a few. That should last you for a while though.
I have nothing to put in here.
If you're looking for some easy neo-classical harmonic minor wank stuff to play try Stratovarius.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
thanks guys
EDIT:btw
i really like vinnie moore
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism

Keep it real man.
Click.
Last edited by hepzibahbaptist at Sep 3, 2006,
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
thanks guys
EDIT:btw
i really like vinnie moore

Yea, Vinnie is the man. His song "Message in a Dream" is what got me into shred and instermental guitar. He really opened the door for me into a new world of music. If you haven't already, check out Mind's Eye.
Impellitteri
Adagio
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
Awesome Neo Classicalo shredder. Perhaps you've seen him on Youtube or elsewhere. I'd be surprised if he hasn't been mentioned here.

http://www.ozielzinho.com.br

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Oziel+Zinho

Here's my favorite vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkatWyBcwuc&mode=related&search=
Muhaha, drifting into the shred forum again.

But is Cacophony considered neoclassical? I usually just consider them speed metal with awesome solos.
No fucking images.

Ghey.
yes, well becker definitely is but marty doesnt always follow that unless he happens to be harmonizing with becker.
Quote by SagaciousChild

But is Cacophony considered neoclassical? I usually just consider them speed metal with awesome solos.

Just about as neoclassical as you can possibly get, imo.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by SagaciousChild

For me they're almost the definition of neoclassical.......

Was I wrong?
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by Prophet of Page
For me they're almost the definition of neoclassical.......

Was I wrong?

If you were wrong, then so was I and about 246,193 other people.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
well, I dunno if these guys guys are ur kinda thing, but (early) Children Of Bodom are certainly neo-classical (as well as every other band mentioned above)
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
children of bodom are awesome check out kissing the shadows for some neo classical **** although u might have to ignore the vocals if there not your thing
I wouldn't call bodom neo-classical, I love them to death, by far one of my most favorite bands ever, but its not really neo-classical to me.
It's melodic death metal sorta, Alexi had classical training as a violinist I think.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Quote by AngilasGuy
I wouldn't call bodom neo-classical, I love them to death, by far one of my most favorite bands ever, but its not really neo-classical to me.
It's melodic death metal sorta, Alexi had classical training as a violinist I think.

Have u heard Hatebreeder ?

that album's practically the definition of neo-classical!
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
Quote by AngilasGuy

He definately incorporates a lot of neo-classical playing in his solo's. In his old albums anyway.

Downfall.. 3:36, is pretty damn good.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Alright lets stay on topic. I really like Chris Imp....however you spell his name.
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism

Keep it real man.
Click.
kissing the shadows is definitely neo classical and downfall, hatebreeder and lake bodom has bit and pieces in it, u cant say their early stuff isnt neo classical, even alexi himself says they were neo classic in their early stuff but have moved away from it now
Quote by ch715dallat
even alexi himself says they were neo classic

Trivium call themselves Metal.
Quote by Resiliance

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Quote by TheUltimateSin
Trivium call themselves Metal.

to be fair i would call trivium metal, but ppl seem to have all these different classes of metal, i call it all one big group maybe a few different clssifications such as death, or thrash but theyre still metal man, but if you dont think they are thats an opinion and im not goin to argue with u,
Quote by ch715dallat
to be fair i would call trivium metal, but ppl seem to have all these different classes of metal, i call it all one big group maybe a few different clssifications such as death, or thrash but theyre still metal man, but if you dont think they are thats an opinion and im not goin to argue with u,

I think you missed my point

The point was, just because someone says they are something, that doesn't make it so. They must actually possess the traits of said feature. In this case, neoclassical.

Understand what I meant?
Quote by Resiliance

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Yngwie J. Malmsteen is the only person i know that is a Neo-Classical style player, Neo-Classical isn't my sort of thing.
Neo-classical: belonging or pertaining to a revival of classic styles or something that is held to resemble classic styles, as in art, literature, music, or architecture.

Thats the literal definition, or so at least dictionary.com says >_>..