Poll: TS-9 Baked Mod or Maxon OD-9 Overdrive?
Poll Options
View poll results: TS-9 Baked Mod or Maxon OD-9 Overdrive?
TS-9 Baked Mod
5 45%
Maxon OD-9
6 55%
Voters: 11.
Idk which to get....I don't know anyone who has either, I can try the Maxon, but not the Keeley TS-9 mod, so I came here to ask. Thanks for reading and/or posting.
Whats the price difference?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
about $30, the baked mod is more, but don't tell me which is better strictly from the price .
I was just going to say if the modded TS was much more that it probably wouldnt be worth it
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Maxon, Keeley is so ****in overrated.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
I was just going to say if the modded TS was much more that it probably wouldnt be worth it

Oh, in that case I understand.
Quote by StratRat13
Maxon, Keeley is so ****in overrated.

Yeah, I read one of the clubs a mod was in that said "Keeley's Mods are Overpriced and Overrated".
ya i think that mod is pink but im not for sure. Umm im saying Maxon cuz i love those pedals and they are simply amazing
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Dilweed
Yeah, I read one of the clubs a mod was in that said "Keeley's Mods are Overpriced and Overrated".

Wow, way to form an opinion based entirely on hearsay.

Keeley mods are overpriced, for sure. They are also very good. If there's only $30 difference, get the Keeley mod.
Quote by Roc8995
Wow, way to form an opinion based entirely on hearsay.

Keeley mods are overpriced, for sure. They are also very good. If there's only $30 difference, get the Keeley mod.

I'm not saying I'm agreeing with the person at all, but it's not a $30 difference between and ibanez TS-9 and a TS-9 baked mod, its a $30 difference between a Maxon OD-9 and a TS-9 baked mod.
Last edited by Dilweed at Sep 3, 2006,
Does the Baked Mod include true bypass?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I have a Keeley OD9 and NO! they are not over rated. Thats just what people that don't have them say. Or they heard it from someone else on the internet. Get the Keeley mod.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Does the Baked Mod include true bypass?

Nah, sadly it doesn't, neither does the Mod Plus which I might end up getting, the baked mod is for higher gain, I'll be using it with a DeVille.
Last edited by Dilweed at Sep 4, 2006,
Quote by joining_heads
I have a Keeley OD9 and NO! they are not over rated. Thats just what people that don't have them say. Or they heard it from someone else on the internet. Get the Keeley mod.

I just found out he mods OD-9's lol. That might be the way to go...but it's over $200 and I don't really want to spend over that....So i might actually get the mod plus instead, because since I play classic rock and blues mainly, I think the Mod Plus would be better for my style of music from what the site described it.
the Keeley mods are only good if thats the sound you want. Just because it costs more doesn't mean its better. Your just paying for the parts and labor. If you like the original pedal than thats better. I hate when people just assume that every modded pedal/amp is better than every non-modded pedal/amp
Quote by Gutch220
the Keeley mods are only good if thats the sound you want. Just because it costs more doesn't mean its better. Your just paying for the parts and labor. If you like the original pedal than thats better. I hate when people just assume that every modded pedal/amp is better than every non-modded pedal/amp

I definitly DO NOT think that the cost makes the pedal better, I mean ffs look at my 3rd post....but I actually just heard the TS-9 mod plus sound on the Keeley website, and in all honesty, it sounded great, I heard the maxon and it only had 2 sound demos (modern rock which I'm not into at all, and Pre Amp and Overdrive which was fairly good but I wish I could hear more) but, I can always play the Maxon in a store to see what the sound is like.
Quote by Gutch220
I wasn't necessarily talking about you. I was just speaking in general

Oh, sorry I misunderstood you .
Quote by Gutch220

Snakes on a Plane! What a film! But he actually says "I've had enough of these..." just to let you know!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Gutch220

While everything you've said is true, I've played the Maxon, TS-9, 808RI, and the keeley, and the keeley is simply an improvement over all of these. True bypass, quieter operation, and a larger gain range are all there. Unless $30 is going to break the bank, there's no reason not to get the keeley, if for nothing other than the resale value. Just my .02, your mileage may differ.