epiphone

Alpine White ^

or

this gibson version with gold and white

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=517030

I have a MG250DFX and play metalcore and everything near there.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Run around the city jacking off in random places... and when you cum, jump out at people and yell "SURPRISE!" Then walk away calmly as if nothing had happened. That's what I would do, anyway.

Quote by Unofficial
Jackusaureles, You're now my favorite UGer.
I say get the Epiphone....I think it's better...high end Epi's are nicer than Low-End Gibsons.
^ kill yourself

high end epi's are the elitest series not the customs.

the gibson is the overall better guitar, but i would seriously think of changing your amp before you get a guitar that expensive. what guitar do you have now? i would suggest buying an amp first then save up for the gibson if its what you really want
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
depends on what your willing to pay but probly go epi.
We never grasp self-realization, we are two abysses; A well staring at the sky.........
Quote by Waterboy799
^ kill yourself

high end epi's are the elitest series not the customs.

the gibson is the overall better guitar, but i would seriously think of changing your amp before you get a guitar that expensive. what guitar do you have now? i would suggest buying an amp first then save up for the gibson if its what you really want

Why dont YOU kill yourself? My life is probably worth more than yours anyway, now look Elitists and Customs are generally high end Epi's.....
no just no, if you knew anything about epiphones then you would know the customs might look nicer, but their still made of the same crap wood as the other standard epis. by crap wood i mean the combination of alder/mahogany/maple. the elitest series is all mahogany/maple, no alder as it should be. so the custom wont give you that real les paul tone your looking for because of the alder so no the customs are not high end epi's seeing as their still made of crap. but since your life is worth more than mine you already knew all of that info
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
dont be hatin

and get a new amp first...invest in a 5105 for hardcore/metalcore, that would sound so much better then a MG playing metalcore..eeek
Quote by Eric 666
I say get the Epiphone....I think it's better...high end Epi's are nicer than Low-End Gibsons.

Epiphone LP Custom is not a high end epiphone. The high end epiphones are the elitist series, around a $1000. They're mahogany and maple like gibson lps unlike the epiphone custom which is alder, mahogany and maple.
Quote by pacoasterrider
dont be hatin

and get a new amp first...invest in a 5105 for hardcore/metalcore, that would sound so much better then a MG playing metalcore..eeek

Yeah, it will really sound like fart when you start playing gigs.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
lol. Last time I went to the guitar center, I tried a Gibson Flying-V, and I should really admit I didn't like it that much. I prefer my good ol' Epi LP standard.

I remember trying a SG (I don't remember which model it was). It sounded pretty good and it felt nice, but I still think my Epi is better. So, all of those people saying mid-end (lol) epi's suck, you might wanna think about it twice. They might have never tried one.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
id say aswell get a new amp since the MG isnt known to be such a hxc amp on UG and if you were planning on buying a Gibson then surely enough you can afford to buy a hxc amp
if you have a big amp like that already, im guessing you have a guitar..and i dont know how much of an upgrade the epi would be from what you have now.

i've played a gibson studio, epi elist studio, and a plain epi studio (no expierence with the cutsoms), and the gibson was more solid then the elist but blew away the epi in the feel and tone and overall just how great the guitar was, the epi's are made of the crap wood and you can really feel that and notice it when you play those two guitars next to each other.

I dont know how on earth you could settle for something other then a gibson if you can afford one and like the style, you wont be 1/10 as happy with the epi then you would be with the gibson. In the guitar world you pretty much get what you pay for (except sig. models), and there's no way i can see a 500 dollar guitar stacking up against at 1200 dollar guitar.

but get an amp first, sell the MG and invest in probibally a 5105, so many hardcore band guitar plays had that as their first big amp/or still use them.
ive found a resolution to all teh hatin!
get an elitist les paul custom-epiphone.
problem solved, noobzorz.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
really the studio would be the way to go solid mahogany, 498, 500 configuration in the pickups which i must admit i prefer over the burstbuckers, and the alpine white looks awesome, that and black look great to me without binding, its built just like a standard with no binding so its got a great sound and feel
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by danzig-_-
ive found a resolution to all teh hatin!
get an elitist les paul custom-epiphone.
problem solved, noobzorz.

gibson > elist
out of the ones i've played
Which have been what? Les Paul Standards, Les Paul Classics and Customs right? The Elitist is in Competition to the lower-end Gibsons...it's a "Custom Shop" Epiphone if you will.
i would get a custom epi and buy a tube amp.... MG(number)DFX's all suck.... I didnt think mine sucked and the distortion shot out recently....lasted longer than most peoples though, a good 7 monthes at least... Still a heap of wasted money.