I have a huge problem trying to get the sound I want out of my rig. My current rig is as follows.

Schecter Gryphon
Boss SD-1
Orange 30r
Marshall 5212 50w Combo

The sound I'm trying to get is kind of a little bassier Sabbath, but I can't seem to get enough bass into the mix before it muddies my tone and drowns out the highs and mids, and turning the bass down just results in a metallic trebley mess. I've tried all kinds of combinations of turning the tone and volume on my guitar down to get the kind of sound I want but it just doesnt seem to effect the signal that much. So do you think I need to get my tone pot adjusted or is it just my crappy pickups? Also any other tips on getting the tone I'm looking for would be appreciated.
Rig:
Schecter Gryphon
Eastwood Ultra GP
Boss SD-1
EHX Big Muff Pi R
1969 Sunn Solarus 60W Head
Orange 30R
Marshall 5212 50w Combo
Bump
Rig:
Schecter Gryphon
Eastwood Ultra GP
Boss SD-1
EHX Big Muff Pi R
1969 Sunn Solarus 60W Head
Orange 30R
Marshall 5212 50w Combo
^agreed.

u can try raising the poles on the bass side of ur pickup, lowering the treble side.

the lower line are actually screws in some pickups. small turns raise and lower them.
closer emphasizes that string volume. dont go lower than flush to the pickup.

and raising the bass side of the pickup, lowering the treble side.

blue line adjust height.

what were the stock pickups on that guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 3, 2006,
don't lower it too far. I was just messing around once and the screw actually came off the pickup, which then fell into the cavity. I had to loop a string under the pickup to raise it up enough that i could thread the screw back in.
You could try changing the resistor on your tone pot

I believe that if you switch it to a lower value, it will give your tone pot a bassier range