For christmas i plan on getting a Gibson Les Paul Studio, ive never been a fan of gibson stock humbuckers so i was gonna also get the set of Seymour Duncan Invaders and put them in there, ive never seen a gibson with invaders but i can imagine the sound to be perfect for me

my father recomends i get a les paul standard or a les paul custom, but i like the studio as it being alot lighter.

Thoughts/Opinions please.....
Last edited by Guitar Skater at Sep 3, 2006,
if you can get a les paul custom get it!! better quality, and there not that heavy, you get used to it. but make shure you try them to see which you like better
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
I think Troy van Leeuwen (Failure, A Perfect Circle, Queens of the Stone Age) puts invaders in his LPs.
Invadors are pretty muddy pickups IMO.

Personally, if I were getting a Les Paul, I'd try and get a used studio, some older ones come with Ebony Fretboards, those are top notch.
haha
you should just get some gibson burstbucker pros or maby some classic 57 plus's. they are both some pretty damn good pickups.
i like ebony boarda also, but the invader is my favorite pickup

but can someone give me like a QUICK description of the differennce between the custom and the other, whats so good about the custom
the studio is made in the american shop and mased produced while the custom is made in the custom shop, so more attention to detail (which is supposededly going down)

now don't quote me on that

and ive also heard that the studio is just a custom with no frills (binding, and stuff)
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
i play hardcore and punk,bands i like are all shall perish,the casualties, a7x, nofx, love you maid the butcher, i have the duncan invader in my 2 strats not the nexck ones though
i checked and theres no way i can get a custom they go from $3000-$6000 thats way too much =(