For me it was definately when I realised after about a year of playing that I seriously sucked, and I couldn't play anything with more than one chord in front of people. I also could say it was when I was introduced to Yngwie Malmsteen. I looked at my pitiful cheap acoustic and almost started crying.
?You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream.? - Frank Zappa 1940 - 1993
When i started (trying) to shred. The first couple of months sucked, playin everything at 80 and 90 bpm. Paid off tho
Realizing how, in the real world, no one cares about any music I put my blood, sweat, and tears into.

The sole reason I make music is to connect with people, but I've realized that no one's going to even care for listening to whatever I've made unless they already know me.

Thus, I'm basically making music for myself alone

[/sad thoughts]
Quote by yawn

Thus, I'm basically making music for myself alone

We should start a band cause that's what i do lol. I'd rather play with myself, playing the music i love than get paid to play something i hate.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
there is always sum1 out there that will love your stuff more than anything they've ever heard, get the word out ur music and im sure u'll find fans
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Quote by Stop Messin'
I'd rather play with myself
Oh really?

Quote by Stop Messin'
We should start a band cause that's what i do lol. I'd rather play with myself, playing the music i love than get paid to play something i hate.
The way I see it, is I'd like to make music that I like that'd allow me to connect with others through the lyrical themes. Unfortunately, my music's recording quality is so unappealing that I can't reallt do that =(

Quote by IbanezxXx
there is always sum1 out there that will love your stuff more than anything they've ever heard, get the word out ur music and im sure u'll find fans
Eh, there's been individal people who have greatly liked or admired certain songs of mine, but nothing really to the point of being "fans".
I'd have to say finding my niche was the hardest thing to do. I spent alot of time trying out different styles and attempting to find a situation where my abilities had the proper outlet, so that I could create on MY terms. Now I have a group of guys that are like brothers to me, and that relationship was the hardest thing to find.
I didn't know what to do with my playing. I was on the verge of quiting guitar because I didn't know that there were so many forms of music out there in the world. I was into rap and I still am, but all I was finding was pop mainstream music to influence my playing.

I found Shred and Metal and I buckled down with my practicing hitting about 2 hours a day. I don't have too much time on my hands.

I keep that John Petrucci line in my sig because his form of music introduced me to a whole new world of guitar. I don't know what would happen if I stopped playing.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all