I'm looking to record with a band having 3 (preferably 4 for keyboards but not necessary) live tracks (drums, bass, rhythm guitar) and overdubbing 1 or 2 layers of lead guitar and vocals. The drums are v drums if that helps at all.

I have a Mac with Garageband 3 and I was wondering what a good recording setup would be for my situation. Thanks in advance.
Schecter C-1 Classic
Seagull S6
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo
probally get a computer interface with quite a lot of inputs, get a couple of condenser mics and mic stands, i think you should plug your guitars and keyboards into the interface instead of micing em, the quality is much better and its way cheaper, if you do and acoustic songs and don't have an acoustic amp , then get a sure sm 57 mic, because ive heard those are good for guitar. as for drums, i would say get somethin like this this , its just a pack of mics made for drums, and i think that'll be all you need. for the interface just go to MF or zzounds and look at some interfaces that you think would be right for you.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
The drums are v drums as I said in my first post.
Schecter C-1 Classic
Seagull S6
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo
Quote by gtrfrk123
probally get a computer interface with quite a lot of inputs, get a couple of condenser mics and mic stands, i think you should plug your guitars and keyboards into the interface instead of micing em, the quality is much better and its way cheaper, if you do and acoustic songs and don't have an acoustic amp , then get a sure sm 57 mic, because ive heard those are good for guitar. as for drums, i would say get somethin like this this , its just a pack of mics made for drums, and i think that'll be all you need. for the interface just go to MF or zzounds and look at some interfaces that you think would be right for you.

dont use a shure sm57 for an acoustic guitar, yeah they are good for micing electric guitars, but not acoustic..........it will just sound dead and lifeless. for micing acoustic guitars you want a condenser mic, maybe a Rode NT1A http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/R0DE-NT1A-Anniversary-Model-Microphone?sku=271593. It will give your acoustic guitar a much richer sound, plus its a really good vocal mic aswell.