JimmyPage97
UG Member
408 IQ
So, here's a song i really recently completed in Guitar Pro 5. meant for a 3 person band, and have no idea if vocals should even touch it.

I experiemented with tritones in this one (augmented 4ths), i think i got it to sound pretty decent.

Please feel free to comment in any way you want to, i can take it.

Thanks,
jimmypage97
4/4 is just so boring. <_<
fu man chu
Banned
240 IQ
haha wow how much of a tard am i, i thought you said power tabs for whatever reason. so yeah sorry dude my computer wont even open it... i really should get on downloading that
JimmyPage97
UG Member
408 IQ
Dude definatley download guitar pro 5, best guitar/percussion program that is the most user-friendly in my opinion.
siddyjain
Mr Coffee
629 IQ
umm..sorry to say but it wasnt catchy at all...but i liked the drums alot, they were very good!
but the guitar was repetitive and the only way to NOT make it sound repetitive (except of course, changing it up and all...) is to add vocals.
Changed signature after 4 years.

Will take some time to make a new one.
JimmyPage97
UG Member
408 IQ
what lyrics could honestly go with tri-tones? lol
GuitarManiac09
867 IQ
I didnt like it too much, but its not like it was god awful or something. It was....odd at best it just sounds too funky...its probably because a) i didnt like the powerchords you used and b) im sort of a stickler for being neat...so the time signature changes kinda gets on my nerves....but mainly it was the chords you used.
Crit for crit? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404106
JimmyPage97
UG Member
408 IQ
Well, my power chords were tritones in most cases.

(e.g. 1 on low e, 2 on low a string)

Could you recommend how to make it more catchy? I really like this tune and you seem to know "catchy" stuff

Thanks man,

jimmypage97
mrmo
UG's Viking
491 IQ
Well, there was something about those powerchords that didn't sound right, or maybe I'm just stupid an have no ear for music.
JimmyPage97
UG Member
408 IQ
anyone with led zeppelin as there comment has an ear for music

lol
JimmyPage97
UG Member
408 IQ
Anyone else want to listen to this song? i think it's innovative and i would like more opinions on it, i'd crit you song for you if you critted mine, thanks.
ouchies
UG's OG
1,613 IQ
I liked the second theme and i liked that you changed time signatures a lot, but it was still really repetitive. try to vary the song structure a little bit or add some single note riffs.
Night_Lights
I've been here too long
863 IQ
nice drums, the breakdowns pretty sweet.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Weebl
771 IQ
sounds pretty cool, reminds me of dillinger a bit with all the dissonance and wierd time signatures but its cool