i have an lp with a gold finish on the hardware, but ive always wanted it to be nickel. i knew i could get it off somehow, im just not sure enough on how i should. does anyone know of a paint remover that works for this????????
Okay, this might sound odd, but it honestly works

Take off all your hardware and put it in a jar of urine (needs to be human), the acids will actually burn off the gold.

Either that or just buy a chrome bridge.
haha
dude why the he11 would anyone ever do that? i would never be able to forget the fact that i peeeed on my guitar. seriously thanks but no thanks. anyone else?
Quote by Metalcomesfirst
dude why the he11 would anyone ever do that? i would never be able to forget the fact that i peeeed on my guitar. seriously thanks but no thanks. anyone else?

It's only peepee.

But either do that, sterilise it (so you don't get piss on your hands) or just buy the hardware.

Or just get over the fact its gold and just play the thing?
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Dude, urine is just excess minerals passed from the kidneys, there's water, salt, urea (creatinine and uric acid) and some ions (inorganic) like chloride and sodium,
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Okay, this might sound odd, but it honestly works

Take off all your hardware and put it in a jar of urine (needs to be human), the acids will actually burn off the gold.

Either that or just buy a chrome bridge.

You failed your science,did you?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Invictious
Dude, urine is just excess minerals passed from the kidneys, there's water, salt, urea (creatinine and uric acid) and some ions (inorganic) like chloride and sodium,

Really, some ions? No ****, I thought all the salt dissolved in the water was just ground up real small.
I think ur just a baby, i mean ur hardware is made out of metal which is a completley waterproof substance so after it's dired no-one will ever know u soaked it in piss.
Besides, what's wrong with gold? U would probbably make some money by selling it and getting chrome hardware.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Your all sad! GUITAR FORUM, NOT BUCKETS OF PISS!
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Lay off the piss remarks folks, eh? No need to blow it out of proportion.

Try and answer the quesiton if you're going to respond.

I don't know anything that'll strip the finish to chrome, even if you did it'd probably corrode because you'd be down to bare metal. Your best bet (as said above) just buy chrome hardware.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Isn't chrome a type of coating, just like the gold?

Nothing is actually made of solid chrome. . .

Also, urine is already sterile, you can't sterilise it. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Yep. You will need Silver Cyanide to effectivly strip all of the plating if it's a quality plate job. Pretty costly to go that route, saftey equipment and supplies would run you close to the cost of a custom guitar to do it yourself. Cheaper to just buy new hardware but if you must, I'd just drop it at a Chrome Plating shop
No. Ignore them. Do the piss thing and post pics!
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Metalcomesfirst
thanks, i guess.

i think i might just buy new hardware

Ya think?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
What's wrong with gold hardware? I have it on my Epi Dot Deluxe and it looks great! Granted, I need to polish it.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton