Man..improvising has been my one true enemy. I seriously dont get it at all..call me a newb whatever, im struggling and i need some serious help. I hate covering other peoples solos. I would love to start coming up with my own and i would also love to have the ability to play one on the spot. Any help would be appreciated.
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
Dunlop Jazz III's (Black)
D'Addarrio .09-.46's
work through scales,
use them in ur improvisations..
Quote by HornyUnicorn
Blow on your thumb as hard as you can. See what happens, post results back here.
The best way to start improvising is to hit it head on. Take slow songs and add different notes to it. Use a particular scale in the same key as the song and hit the right sounding notes.

Eventually you will get it down. Good Luck.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
This was one of my biggest problems also, but I got over it. Try improvising very slow around some scale (i.e minor pentatonic), and try to make it sound really melodic (at first, just play your scale up and down, stopping on the notes that sound nice and making interesting phrasing) and when you know how certain notes/scale degrees sound, you can begin making your improvisations more interesting by not just going up and down. That's how it works for me, hope that helps
Wow, yeah, thanks guys, that really helped. I've sort of gotten a grip on the whole improvising thing. Keep it comin'
Crappy Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez RG7321
LTD F-10
VOX AD15VT
Dunlop Jazz III's (Black)
D'Addarrio .09-.46's
mmm improvising...where im from we call it jamming, after years of learning covers, one night i turned th radio on an th lights off an played totally by ear,after a while th intervals just came to me an before i knew it i was making up my own songs.....