hey for the price of a vox tonelab, is there any other alternative i should consider? i'm planning to get an amp simulator, without all the extra effects and stuff
Well the Tonelab is great, ive tried them loads of times. They are wonderfull. i have yet to try a POD XT, but id reccomend you to check it out to!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
thanks mate, my friend's got a pod. in fact 2 of them have got a pod
Boss gt 8, depends on wat you prefer
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

hm if i'm just looking for a gd quality amp modelling, is there any other better alternative to the tonelab?
the Podxt is supposed to have one of the better amp modeling, but I've never tried a tonelab for comparison. The podxt usually gets high reviews in that area though. I have one, and like it a lot for silent practice or getting ideas down on computer. Not so much with my amps. What are you using the unit for BTW, that would play a part in what units I was looking at. I've got some clips of the podxtl that I've been messing with recently using Riffworks. Mostly the Treadplate(t-rec) and Bogner amps models for heavy, JCM for 80's, and Fender Blackface for funk. Usually the 68 4x12 w/Greenbacks cab model. I have a CFH, AC Booster, and Digitech whammy I'll use in front of it sometimes. If you're looking for mainly recording, it's a fun tool. 80's? clip 1, 80's? clip 2, Metal clip 1, Metal clip 2, Funk clip 1, Rock Clip 1
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
nice clips. sound pretty nice. can you record some with FX?
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
hey joel, I can make some with the fx more pronounced. I'll PM you tommorrow. There are actually quite a few fx on there already, just not very pronounced. I used delay, reverb, chorus on most of them, only very small amounts depending what I wanted to hear. It can sound pretty flat on the recordings without some fx.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
ok nice. those metal tracks sounded pretty nice. beat the hell outta my DSL for metal, at least at bedroom levels.

thats the problem, i can't get good metal tones at bedroom levels.

hey do you have msn messenger by any chance? it'd be easier to send them over that.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
yeah, I hear ya, I don't get to practice until it's late usually, and I can't crank my amps by then. It works great for just bedroom practice. You get spoiled with a good tube amp though, nothing is going to sound like your DSL unfortunately. I don't have MSN, but I have AIM, same screenname. If you get to try the tonelab or GT-8 in comparison, I would like to hear what you think about them.
amp clips
amp vids
yeah, i'll make a thread after i get to compare them. i'd sacrifice abit of tone thru the DSL for recording tone...but tis a tough choice really. and it all depends on how much i like the amp models on the pedals.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
hm another stupid question, is it possible to get a joe satriani like tone with the tonelab? something that's clear and 'crisp'. cos i heard that the vox tonelab gives british sounds and i'm not too sure if i'd want that for a long time. im using a ibanez sa260 with a dimarzio fred through a boss ds-1 and ibanez cf-7 and a 535q crybaby. and yes i love satch.
I reckon the satch tone would be easier to nail with the tonelab then a pod xt but then that's probably pretty controversial. if you want presets for other ppl's tone you can't go wrong with pod xt (pod xt live in your case, that'd match the tonelab..) because there's a huge user community of presents and the pod xt is pretty maluable in terms of firmware upgrades.

from what i've seen teh vox is trying to nail the more classic tones whereas the pod is trying to nail everything.
Marty
hmm i see, thanks. the podxt alone isn't gd? as in, it won't match to a tonelab?
the live is the floor pedal thing, the pod xt is the desk top thing.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel