ive just bought some straplocks for my strat and when i'm screwing in the straplock near the neck it won't fully tighten and is slightly loose, everytime i put my strap onto it it gets loser and falls out. does anyone know what i need to do to get it to stop being looser?
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Lots of toothpicks.

Search for it, search for the following keywords 'jam toothpick strap hole loose'
super glue , then it will never come out.....i done it to one of my strats works perfectly
add the toothpicks first. ^ cram them in there. then some wood glue if u want. tighten let dry all set.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
We need a sticky thread for this as well. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Personally, I put the glue in first, THEN jam the toothpicks/whatever i used instead, wiped away the over flow, used wirecutters to get rid of most of the extra wood sticking out, waited for it to dry, used an exacto-knife to cut away the rest of wood, then gave it a once-over with a damp cloth.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
i had this problem and i just took my guitar back because it isnt a certin fix but if you add glue its will do the trick
you will need : matches and glues

step 1 : light the match and put it out properly

step 2 : put a bit of glue in the hole not too much but enough to cover the edges of the hole

step 3 :cram the matches in the hole and snap it off the top push the matches down with a screwdriver or something repeat this till the hole is full

step 4 : leave glue to set

step 5 : screw your straplocks in and bobs your uncle these should be secure for the length of the guitars life

hope this heps
Dip the screw in wood filler and screw her in. Screw her gently.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Just Jam A Toothpick In There!!!!! This Thread Was Answered About 5 Post Ago!!!!! You Can Use Glue, You Can Substitute Toothpicks For Wooden Matches. Okay People, No Need To Repeat The Same Stuff Over And Over!!!!
Quote by livrockdie
Just Jam A Toothpick In There!!!!! This Thread Was Answered About 5 Post Ago!!!!! You Can Use Glue, You Can Substitute Toothpicks For Wooden Matches. Okay People, No Need To Repeat The Same Stuff Over And Over!!!!

Silence noob.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead