Bass on some songs are difficult to hear or can't hear clearly, so some bassists (specially beginners) are having difficulty finding the right note.

So here's a solution to that problem, download Audacity 1.2.4b.
Its an audio editor. You can edit songs in different formats.
You can add many effects, one of those effects is the "Bass Boost". With the use of that effect (Bass boost), you will clearly hear the bass. Remember not to boost it too high or too loud because it will sound very ugly, just boost it little by little until you hear the bass clearly.

P.S.
Bass Boost is just one of its many effects. And be sure to download Audacity 1.2.4b because other versions are not stable.

here the link!?!
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/latest/audacity-win/audacity-win01.2.4b.exe
or go to
http://audacity.sourceforge.net
...why are you advertising Audacity?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by Apok
Buy a subwoofer

I have a subwoofer that wakes up the neighbors!

Every bassist should have one!
Isn't this just common sense?

and I just rig it upto my amp if i need to, or put it on my mp3 then into my cdinput on my amp

or play it on my sound system...
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by UtBDan
...why are you advertising Audacity?

Good question...
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
you're not the first to suggest this, although it has been a while. Last time it turned into a conversation about the Tascam bass trainer.

However this is not a good thing for a thread. It's more of something to do when someone replies to "cant hear bass in songs".

Just let it be noted for the next person who advertises for Audacity with this strange idea of hey, dont play your instrument more until you can naturally hear it, boost it ridiculously using free recording software.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!