I'm currently looking through a Guitar One magazine, scowering the back ads for new and different pedals, amps and whatnot. And I came across the 1983 Fender Precision Elite II

http://www.cowtownguitars.com/itemtest2.php?invno=bf85&itemtop=includes/bassesitemtop.txt (I can never get links to work right)

I've never seen or heard of these before, does anybody know anything about these basses?

I think it's pretty funky, I can't imagine what it would sound like.

...So deep....so beautiful...

I also found this...creation...

http://www.cowtownguitars.com/itemtest2.php?invno=bg15&itemtop=includes/bassesitemtop.txt
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Last edited by hatebreed219 at Sep 3, 2006,
some bass manufacturers these days still make them. i'm sure i've seen a few around

but cream pickups
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Fender
Elite II Precision Bass
1983-1985. Ash body, 2 p-ups, various colors
$750 - $950, (low to high, excellent condition)
the short production run is not a good sign. if Fender builds a bass that sells, they keep making it, for many years. i have not played this model.

Gibson
Victory Artist Bass
1981-1985. Double-cut solidbody, 2 humbuckers, active electronics, limited production
$400 - $500 (low to high, excellent cond.)
again, short production run, not a good sign. Gibson basses do not have a good reputation in the "pro" bass world.

neat basses, but keep shopping.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
Fender
Elite II Precision Bass
1983-1985. Ash body, 2 p-ups, various colors
$750 - $950, (low to high, excellent condition)
the short production run is not a good sign. if Fender builds a bass that sells, they keep making it, for many years. i have not played this model.

tell that to the Steve Harris signature. They stopped making it because it sold so well and took a chunk off of the sales of American made Fender p-basses.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I've always been curious about how double P basses sound. Does it become muddy? Is it just too excessive? I mean how much does putting the second P pickup near the bridge really offer? Because it just seems kinda weirrd having a double P bass when you could have a P/J bass or a P/MM bass...
Once you get to the top, the only way to go is down.
They do, I know the Mockingbird does, I think so custom models do as well.

But those are just your everyday run-of-the-mill B.C. Riches, how often do you see a P-bass with two spilt pickups?
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
john entwistle's signature warwick buzzard uses two precision pickups, but the "bridge" p pickup is inverted
Attachments:
buzltdsm.gif
haha...
Quote by mong12345
playtypus you save the day again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have one and love it. I have read some info online about this bass and it seems that some of them have issues. I myself have not experienced any issues.
holy necrobump
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think