Does anyone know what happens if you adjust the springs settings on a Floyd Rose tremolo???

Currently I have this setting

neck side

_______
.../..|..\...
../...|...\..
./....|....\.
_______
1 2 3 4 5

Does any know what would happen if I go to this for example???

neck side

_______
.|.|.....\...
.|.|......\..
.|.|.......\.
_______
1 2 3 4 5

Note that position 1 is at the high E side, and position 5 at low E side.

I'd really like to know what would happen here, anyone got any experience with adjusting this stuff???

- Cheers -
These springs adjust your tension to keep your bridge at the proper leavel (flat with your guitar). Example 1 puts reasonable tension on your bridge lowering the rear of your bridge, example 2 not only releases some of that tension but could also shift your brige out of alignment. If you are having issues with your bridge not laying flat with the guitar body best to start by backing out the two screws that hold the hooks on the neck side to raise the back of the bridge and tighten them for the opposite. If you have tightened them all the way and still need to lower the rear of the bridge you may have to do what I had to do, either go to lighter strings, add a spring, or replace the springs if they are old and streatched
Could it also be that there will be much more tension on the high E and B string when you set the springs like ex. 2???

Would it be possible that you can make more higher dive / pull bombs???

- Cheers -
Another Night, Another Demise,
Cadaverous Wind Blowing Cold As Ice...
I`ll Let The Wind Blow Out The Light
Cuz It Gets More Painful

Every Time I Die
The 2nd one is just wrong and damaging IMO. I've tried all sorts of combination and relatively back to square one, just simply using ye 'olde " | | | " formation. If you want a less stiff and quite sensitive tremolo, you should adjust your springs to this " | | " in 2 and 4 combination using only 2 springs.

If you want to use your 2nd combination, i highly recommend you do the 2 springs on the low E instead since it has more tension and will pull back better to not let your knife edge on the bass side gets stuck.
Quote by Gitaardriaan
Could it also be that there will be much more tension on the high E and B string when you set the springs like ex. 2???

Would it be possible that you can make more higher dive / pull bombs???

- Cheers -

Its not possible to do higher dives just by adjusting the springs, you can pull all you want even on a stiff guitar and your bridge still have the same maximum range. The one that determines your range of up-pull/dive is the size of the cavity routing and action.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Sep 4, 2006,