(how can there hasn't been a thread on David Bowie for years?)

I've known Bowie for as long as I can remember but only know have trully fallen in love with his music!

John, I'm only dancing is the best song ever. EVER!
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
David Bowie is pretty wicked. A while back I picked up one of his presumable 'failure albums' called Earthling, and it's like, industrial/electronic, but it's David Bowie. And it sounds like Bowie. It's really wicked, amazingly original. That was one of the first things that hooked me on.
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
I like him. Low and Ziggy Stardust are his best albums, IMO. He wrote some great tunes and had funny hair. Maybe this should be in the CR forum though?
No. Just because he was from the time, and can be associated with it (Under Pressure, and the Mick Jagger stuff), I don't think he belongs there.

How many Classic Rockers work make-up spandex and mimed on stage?

He really was doing different things, things that were ahead of his time.
Yes, I liked the song space odity but there was always something on it that got on my nerves. A few weeks ago i found out that it's the second vocal track, the higher pitched one. pisses me off ><
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
I like him. Low and Ziggy Stardust are his best albums, IMO. He wrote some great tunes and had funny hair. Maybe this should be in the CR forum though?

Bowie was the original Velvet Undergound fan, automaticaly making him a misfit of Classic Rock and a God of Alt/Indie.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Hunky Dory was his best album, back when he was a risk-taker. No other commercial mainstream musician at the time could've put out a song like "Queen Bitch" and have expected to get away. I'll never understand why that song wasn't a riotous youth anthem. Punk before Punk if you ask me.

He's kind of my hero. I have the majority of his albums on vinyl.
Poor advice.
Bowie is definitely suited to the CR forum in my opinion, but just as well fits in here. Definitely did some great tunes and albums in the past.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
David Bowie is by far one of the most eccentric musicians of the 20th century. I love his style of music and well, the way he dressed and fronted himself to being. Certainly someone I wish to meet.

Wonder how long it's going to take for Sargasm to show up here.
Pre-1973, Bowie is (er, was) a TOTAL god, every song he wrote before '73 is completely perfect.

After '73, I can bear to listen to a total of like, ten songs of his. He got really awful really fast.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
My Dad used to listen to Bowie all the time and I love his music, I also loved his style and individuality - Like I've said before I wish I was born a few years earlier
Member of The Darkness fanclub
I was there for SD's cocksucking forum, August 15th, 2006.
The Cas Fast Foundation - pm draken to join and support cas on his 30 food free days.
Hunky Dory is my earliest musical memory, i loved that record when i was still too young to put on records myself, i must have been 3 or 4. I still think it's a good record, but most of the other music of his that i've heard was terrible.
Love David Bowie. I'm mostly into the Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane era, the other day I mustve listened to Jean Genie about 10 times in a row.
Bowie is the best....Low is a mind blowing experience, Scary Monsters is rather ignored though
^ I like a lot of Scary Monsters.

However, the main four albums for me are Hunky Dory, Ziggy, Alladin Sane and Diamond Dogs. I can listen to those back to front and thoroughly enjoy it.

His other stuff has some interesting phases too, like Man who Sold the World. Just a weird semi-metal fuzz bass sound, not always on but very good at parts.

One of my favorite artists ever.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Low is one of my favourite albums, ever.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Why is this thread not absolutely huge?
Space Oddity, Changes John 'm only dancing, Ziggy, countless other songs, are all amazing, easily my favourite singer/songwriter aside from John Frusciante's solo stuff
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
I'm kind of partial to Aladdin Sane, because it has my favorite Bowie song evarrr on it, which is "Panic In Detroit."

Looked a lot like Che Guevara...
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
^It is indeed a great one, Drive In Saturday ftw!
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
i go with hunky dory, low and the lodger as being my favourites. Low is one of my favourites of all time. eno and bowie are great together. . . .

also, what bowie did for iggy pop's first two records! incredible!
Ziggy Stardust was my first tape. My dad gave it to me when I was about 3 or 4. I still listen to it religiously.
I don't really like Low all that much. A lot of people think it's one of his best, but I beg to differ.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Quote by K-Lizzle
I don't really like Low all that much. A lot of people think it's one of his best, but I beg to differ.

but what about Sound and Vision? That song always gets me in a good mood.

Out of the albums I have my favourite is Hunky Dory, although I think my favourite song might be Suffragette City mainly because 'Wham Bam thank you maam!' is one of the coolest lines in a song ever.
My finger's on the pulse
(but where's the beat?)
Quote by druz15_UG
Why is this thread not absolutely huge?

Probably because there are David Bowie threads in at least 2 other forums.
yeah, there's a big one i created in classic rock, but meh. i don't visit that thread.

oh and my favorite albums are hunky dory, low, and ziggy stardust.

i also occasionally like to listen to scary monsters and heroes, but i prefer the aforementioned 3 more.
Sent from my iPad.
i only have low, ziggy stardust, and hunky dory. i was going to get another one at borders but they were all like fifteen dollars and i didn't want to spend that much on a lame album. what should i get next? heroes?
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
^^ I'd say Space Oddity. Looked at your last.fm and I think you'd like it based on what you listen to. Who knows though. I really love that album, and only recently found the best track on it. The last one... Memory Of a Free Festival. The vocal melodies in the first part are absolutely amazing.. And the key change really changes the whole thing around and "makes up" for its lack of normal structure.. then the 2nd part ("the sun machine is coming down, and we're gonna have a party.. uh huh huh") comes in. Absolutely awesome.. and I was surprised that I overlooked it.
Nor less I deem that there are Powers
Which of themselves our minds impress;
That we can feed this mind of ours
In a wise passiveness.
--Wordsworth

last.fm
I lovvve David Bowie

I have Changes one and two on vinyl and what I really like, Low, Ziggy Stardust and Hunky Dory
Quote by K-Lizzle

Really? That's odd. I really love that album, and I have a few friends who don't really like him outside of that album (which I also find strange, but perhaps I am biased).

I really can't express how much I love David Bowie. It's a real ridiculous amount. My girlfriend won't let me listen to Bowie when we fuck because she's convinced I'll think of him instead of her
DOWN&OUT
I find Aladdin Sane, Low, and Ziggy are best. I love them all though, well at least the Berlin Trilogy, the glam albums, and Station to Station
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"