i've decided that my future in guitar playing and making my own music is all going to be in drop C, so now im looking for some more tabs in drop C. i like playing metalcore/hardcore music, and that's the kind of music im into making. Im not necessarily looking for popular songs as much as looking for songs with different and unique playing segments/breakdowns/riffs exc..

here's a few i play around with now a lot ...
anything August Burns Red
as i lay dying-forever & confined
saosin-i can tell
hatebreed-live for this
parkway drive-gimmie AD

but im open to hear any more ideas of tabs i should look at and are helpful in me developing more unique playing instead of just the bar chords, anything i hear inspires me
is all pantera in drop C?
Co-Founder of the I Am Canadian Club, pm me or Mantiscabinet to join

My gear:

Gibson les paul studio
line 6 spider 112
washburn X12 with zakk wylde emgs
2004 pearl protone drum set
No....Pantera usually played 1/2 step down, standard, or drop-D, lol

Steve Vai's Bad Horsie, anything by SOAD, Modern day Slayer...specially Christ Illusion and God Hates us all, No More Tears by Ozzy can be played Drop-C since its orginally played in Db, Dream Theater...you can play stuff from em that's in C Standard in Drop-C.....I cant remember any others.
Children of Bodom
Cradle of Filth
Shadows Fall
Black Label Society

Necrophagist doesn't use drop C, but they tune one step down. Close enough.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
most things off c.o.b's album are you dead yet? hate the album but meh...
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

All the Killswitch Engage stuff is in drop-C.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Ummm.... you can play any song in drop D in dropped C.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
atreyu maybe?, A Dozen Furies, thats about all i can remember everything else is 30 Seconds to Mars, Unloco, or Ill Nino
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Chop Suey! by SOAD
Toxcicity by SOAD

I think Tool does Drop C.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II
Ibanez 25W "Tone Blaster"
Fender Starcaster (Not the vintage kind, the Wal-Mart Value kit kind"

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
Quote by FacingUsAll
Ummm.... you can play any song in drop D in dropped C.

not many hardcore songs with the open C powerchords (CGC/CG powerchord on the top strings in the breakdowns. Most older stuff played in drop D can be played in C but alot of songs now have open C notes thrown into riffs, like..

-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
5---7---8----7------
--0---0---0---------

for something simple
St. Anger - Metallica

*runs*

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
new children of bodom, old system of a down, shadows fall. eh most metalcore bands really
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

definatly unearth. although there stuff on the new album is in dropped B dropped C will sound close enough.i say this because they have the best and most unique breakdowns of all the metalcore/post hardcore bands and there riffs are amazing
Quote by into the moat
definatly unearth. although there stuff on the new album is in dropped B dropped C will sound close enough.i say this because they have the best and most unique breakdowns of all the metalcore/post hardcore bands and there riffs are amazing

^^^ not to rain on the parade but they use 7 Strings, ive seen them live a few times, ibanez 7 strings were their weapons of choice
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by pacoasterrider
not many hardcore songs with the open C powerchords (CGC/CG powerchord on the top strings in the breakdowns. Most older stuff played in drop D can be played in C but alot of songs now have open C notes thrown into riffs, like..

-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
5---7---8----7------
--0---0---0---------

for something simple

Who said you have to play in the same key as the original song?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Atreyu is all in drop C (to the best of my knowledge), its also really fun to learn and play... learn all of the album "the curse" its great.

i would also recommend learning some Shadows Fall, off the album The War Within.
Quote by Metallica708
St. Anger - Metallica

*runs*

Metallica's experimental album, I still listen to it from time to time.
^Experimental? No, it's just one of Metallica's BAD albums. There's a difference.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Oh my bad...I should edit that:

Metallica's "experimental" (james out of rehab being a fag, lars being a **** like always, Kirk out of touch and Trujillo who just joined the band) album....I listen to it from time to time.
Quote by Gabel
Walk- Pantera

no its not. Its played either whole step on all strings or drop d (both work)
Quote by ChurchNSkate
^Experimental? No, it's just one of Metallica's BAD albums. There's a difference.

Yup, thats one bad Album...

Try some In Flames C Standard and drop A# stuff.
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén