What guitar can best compare to the Ibanez s470. I really want the s470, but $500 is a lot, and they dont have them any cheeper on ebay. I know schecters are good, but I need a guitar with a trem bar, and schecter trem's suck.
whatever you do don't buy an ibanez they suck, lol, check other brands on ebay, i got a hamer californian for about $205 with shipping at its great and has a Lisenced Floyd Rose trem, and its sounds great, or get a used guitar at a store saves you a ton of $
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Quote by IbanezxXx
whatever you do don't buy an ibanez they suck, lol, check other brands on ebay, i got a hamer californian for about $205 with shipping at its great and has a Lisenced Floyd Rose trem, and its sounds great, or get a used guitar at a store saves you a ton of $

Pretty funny that your name has Ibanez in it, and Ibanez guitars don't suck, they are probably one the most reliable, afforable guitars out there.

Look for lower end guitars in Ibanez, I can't say an exact kind, but they have ones for less than 500$ and they're not bad at all.

Edit: I have an Ibanez RG170R, but I think it's discontinued. I'm not sure, but I payed 470$ for it.
Quote by demonic_fishie
Johnson's naturally have a small kink in them, but if you've got a ninety-degree bend in it you should get it checked.

But hey, at least you could piss round corners.
Ya.... something more specific that "a used guitar"

the SZ-720FM looks good, but no trem and + $$

RG170R doesnt seem as good as the s470
Last edited by þþþþþþþþþþ at Sep 3, 2006,
Meh, just save up. You'll most likely be sorry you didn't spend $500 on a guitar if you buy a $200 one. Trust me. Save up, and invest. If you buy a decent guitar, and you treat it well, it'll last you 10-15 years. Or even longer!

The s470 compares well with the LTD MH-100, and the M-100. Both are cheaper and have Licensed Floyd Roses on them. But I generally recommend buying at least a 200-400 model from ESP. Really, most guitars under $500 aren't great quality. Investing in a good guitar is one of the best things you can do.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

I just have my crappy strat at the moment. But I am gonna be getting an MH-400 in the very near future. I have played them; they are fuckin awesome.

(My avatar is an MH-400)
- FJ

If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

^Ahh, the color is fuckin' sexy IMO. Haha, oh well...
- FJ

Quote by flyingjew34
The s470 compares well with the LTD MH-100, and the M-100.

S470 does not compare well to Indonesian entry level agathis POS with tinfoil bridges. The reason why people recommend S470 is because it's arguably the best new double locking tremolo guitar that $500 will buy.

If you're an ebay junkie, then look for RG5x0 series - there are fancier trem guitars, but rarely better. RG570, 560, 550 - all great Japanese guitars with the best tremolos out there (Edge and Lo-Pro Edge). Ebay is full of them, and they sell in the ballpark of $300, give or take $50 depending on condition.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Get an Ibanez RG321MH. Everyone seems to love them. I love mine, but I want to sell it for a SZ520QM. Wanna buy it?

Ooooh you want a trem bar, ok, well try the RG320. I think those have trems.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
get an Ibanez RG370DX, it has the whammy bar (trem bar) which you want and sounds pretty good too.. it is a really reliable guitar and costs less than $500...
s470 i have it, nothing else compares.........period
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy