Ok. I want to add stickers on my guitar like Billie Joe, or pretty much any punk/pop-punk strat user. But If I dislike them, how hard is it to be removed?
Not hard at all. Just takes a second. As long as it's not a super sticker or something. The finish has your back.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Pretty hard. You have to not only get them off, but then you have to use chemicals to remove the residue. Plus, those chemicals could damage the finish/paint job on the guitar as well. So, if you put stickers on your guitar, I wouldn't recommend removing them.

I guess you could probably use soap and water. But I haven't tried. I haven't tried taking stickers off a guitar either... So don't listen to me...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

its not hard at all, all u need to get the residue off, if they leave any is a damp cloth. make sure it isnt to wet cos it aint gunna do the guitar much good if u soak it
StueyALBB
it's a lot easier just to put other ones ontop of them if you dont like them

if you take one off there's a heck of a lot of residue and it's a pain in the arss to get off but you can with that alcohol stuff i think i dont know my mom just gave me and it did the job for the most part. There was a little streak left on the finish mabye i didn't clean it up all the way but i later just put another sticker on top of that streak

put em on, cover them up if you dont like them that's usually the best idea
Quote by flyingjew34
Pretty hard. You have to not only get them off, but then you have to use chemicals to remove the residue. Plus, those chemicals could damage the finish/paint job on the guitar as well. So, if you put stickers on your guitar, I wouldn't recommend removing them.

I guess you could probably use soap and water. But I haven't tried. I haven't tried taking stickers off a guitar either... So don't listen to me...

Chemicals? are ****ing kidding me? dude that will **** up the wood and finish, get a piece of Bounty and put some water on it and rub where the residue is, just wait until it falls off, i did it with one of my Les Pauls and it doesnt have a signle scratch, finish isnt ****ed up, nor there's any residue left.
^I did say that that would fuck the finish up if you would have read 1 more word into my post. I also said that soap and water would most likely work too...
- FJ

If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

^Haha, I get ya. The anger/frustration makes you post before you can read it all. I've done that a lot too.
- FJ

Hi i did the same thing to a white strat, and then tried to remove them, one word WINDEX, it works brilliant
Gear:
since everyone was bitching, heres my favorites...
-1995 Jimmy Page Les paul (16th bday)
-1960 Gibson Les Paul reissue
-2003 Epiphone Les Paul Classic
-Hot Rodded 100 watt marshal (200 watts)
Windex is a chemical stupid.....that **** can ruin the finish of a guitar...that thing contains Ammonia...it probably looked yellow after a couple days....and you'll probably say no to contradict me....
you mean like this? haha

My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
Quote by flyingjew34
^I did say that that would fuck the finish up if you would have read 1 more word into my post. I also said that soap and water would most likely work too...

Most chemicals have no effect on modern poly finishes. They're pretty durable. Even paint stripper doesnt work on them.

Goo-Gone & a soft towel is your best bet. Works everytime I need to remove stickers off some asshat kids guitar.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
why not scratch off the sticker slowly? i did that with my other guitar and it was fine
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
why not use goo gone?

scratching anything off of a painted surface, can leave a mark.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yes, but if you do it carefully, youre good =D
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
I usually clean them off my friend's guitars by spraying a good amount of guitar cleaner on the sticker and then ruffing up the sticker with my finger and then spray some more and let it sit for a few min, go back and it should be all off. Any residue usually comes off if you use the cleaner on it.
agreed
Gear:
since everyone was bitching, heres my favorites...
-1995 Jimmy Page Les paul (16th bday)
-1960 Gibson Les Paul reissue
-2003 Epiphone Les Paul Classic
-Hot Rodded 100 watt marshal (200 watts)