what are some ways i can improve my trem picking speed, i practice about 4-5 hours a day, and ive noticed my arms sore, which is good, meaning the muscles are growing there, which i know will help a bit, but what are some things i can do to help speed it up?
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Just keep practicing like you are. The two major parts of it are synchronization, and building up the muscles in your arm... at least thats the way its been for me.
Quote by Stop Messin'
How can it be a ripoff if its made by Gibson?
sorry if this is off topic but how does tom delonge down strum so fast? i cant do it like he does it... is there anything i can do to speed up?
Save some face.... You know you've only got one....

Member of the PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN Club. Put that in your sig to join.
Hold th pick on about a 45 degree angle or so, so it glides over the string, and make sure so you keep the pick very, very close to the string because once you play 16th notes at 150 bpm or so you don't have time to move your arm much. And do that 1-2-3-4 stuff up and down the neck. Then do string skipping with the same pattern and so on. Hope that helps a little.
Quote by Eric 666
To Improve tremolo picking I use masturbation....yes i'm serious.

Ugh... Tremolo masturbation. Does your dick look like a moldy, decomposed log now?
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by Eric 666
To Improve tremolo picking I use masturbation....yes i'm serious.

"OH GOD! I'M CHAFFING!!"
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
^lol, Exactly why we use lotion/lubricant...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Neither of the two, I masturbate vigorously then I get up, clean myself up, and apply the same force to the guitar.