I thought I would share something I've been working on for a lil while now. It's pretty much a improv jam with a couple ideas worked out mostly during recording, mainly the 2 solos. I recorded all guitars, bass, and programmed drums. The drums are a bit repetitive (it's hard work to program natural sound drum riffs). The sound quality is alot better than it used to be now that I have a mixer and an audio interface. I'm up for all types of criticism. Jams called Melodic Prog Metal Jam.

http://myspace.com/daviegravy

It will autoplay when you load the page.
R.I.P. Dimebag!

BuildTheMusic - Join Up! Acquire The Knowledge.
how exactly do you "jam" with yourself?

is slightly out of time playing part of progressive melodic metal?
Jesus is my airbag
Quote by mr barbecue

Yes, yes it is. I liked it. I don't think as a song it could hold up well as an instrumental. With some vox itd be really cool.
So would these "vox" be in time with the drums or in time with the guitars?

Which would be more progressive/melodic in your opinion?
Jesus is my airbag
Have them follow the drums.

PS - I noticed you put "vox" in quotes, so if you didn't know vox is street talk for vocals
Quote by mr barbecue

I record a progression then go back and re-record leads and whatnot over the top. The slightly out of time comes from the variable of trying to chop the patterns that come out of fruitly loops exactly even with time. I'm an amaetur in the programming drums area, so there's riffs I couldn't get to sync up exactly (to the hundredth of a second) right...
R.I.P. Dimebag!

Last edited by davie_gravy at Sep 3, 2006,
Now I'm confused, MyNameBeMikal is saying that it should be out of time and davie_gravy is saying that he would have liked it to be in time. Where does the rest of the Melodic Progressive Metal scene stand on this issue?

PS - Sorry I was too busy smoking crack in my pimpmobile with my hoes to get down with fresh street talk that you crazy kids are poppin' these days.
Jesus is my airbag
Thank you mr barbecue for your acrimonious replies...

Anyone else care to share their input on my creative ideas?
R.I.P. Dimebag!

i love diminished, this a cool jam like your first breakdown, sounds a bit like nevermore, good stuff man
As in, gobias a cup of coffee
Quote by Shredzorz
i love diminished, this a cool jam like your first breakdown, sounds a bit like nevermore, good stuff man

Thanks bro! Appreciate it. I love the diminished sound. Decapitated got me hooked on diminished sweeps and arpeggio patterns.
R.I.P. Dimebag!

First of all , I'd like to thank you for commenting on my song.

The intro sounds like Emperor before the little solo riff thingy came in . It's great , sounds like a combination of black , death and prog metal , my favorite style .

Great riffage , amazing melody. I noticed a choir thingy in some marks of the song. You have a keyboard player , dont you ?

Solo : Totally in the rythm , great timing , fits perfectly .
Nothing else to add my friend, keep making songs.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Hey,

Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words. Actually, I didn't use any keys in this piece. I got some others I'm working on that have keyboard pieces in em.
R.I.P. Dimebag!